Reload this Page >

Anyone buy the costume jewelry??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 05:00 AM
Janet

Do many people buy the costume jewelry that is sold on the ships. I am not talking about the inch of gold, but rather the fake diamonds and other fake rings, necklaces, earrings etc.<BR><BR>To the people that buy it: do you think that others actually think that it looks real?<BR>

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 05:10 AM
Gloria

I think people buy that stuff because it makes them feel good because they know that they can never afford the real stuff. <BR><BR>The people that buy the $50 2 carat diamond ring cannot possibly think that snyone mistakes their CZ for a real diamind. It is obviously fake and 99% of the population can spot a fake. For instance, when someone wears jewelry that should cost $10,000 and then wears it with a $50 outfit from JC Penny, it is pretty obvious.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 08:13 AM
Lenore

Of course people buy costume jewelry on the ships and elsewhere! Go to your local department store and look at the counters and spinners filled with it. There are boutique type stores in virtually every mall designed to sell only costume jewelry. I used to be a manager for a medium volume Penney's store. We bought our own departments' merchandise. My store did a quarter million annually in costume jewelry sales alone. Costume is BIG business!

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Carmen

You are better off buying jewellery in the local jewellery stores. There is a lecture each night on the island you will be landing at the next day. They can tell you which stores are reputable and which ones aren't. I'm not sure of other ships but Sundream/Sunbird cruise lines have these short lectures. They are definitely worth going to.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 12:01 PM
Art

Cramen, did you even read the post? They are talking about COSTUME jewelry. I don't think St. Thomas has loads of shops selling that fake stuff.