Reload this Page >

Hotel near Miami port ?

Search

Hotel near Miami port ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 04:39 AM
Gary

Hotel near Miami port ?

I've booked a cruise out of Miami and I'd like to stay nearby the night before. Can anyone recommend a decent hotel that's close to the port that might have a free shuttle ? I've looked on the web but not much luck.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 06:36 PM
Sharon

My family and I stayed in the Howard Johnson right across from the port. They offered a free cooked breakfast and a free shuttle. It was a decent hotel, very clean, lots of other cruisers were staying there also.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 11:45 AM
Anthony

Gary:<BR>There is no reason you need to stay 'right near' the ship port - you can't walk there, so what's the difference if you are 5 or 10 mins away? A cab will be about $10-15 at the most. Your best bet is to look at hotels at downtown Miami; there's the Hyatt, Intercontinental, A Best Western, and several others. Again, they are all only 10 mins away by cab, if even that long. MUCH better than the Howard Johnson, which I would NEVER stay even if you gave it to me free- it's shoe-horned in an ugly part of downtown Miami, among the freeway ramps. Looks very seedy to me.<BR>If you are looking for low cost, I would use www.priceline.com and bid for a hotel with them. People have gotten the Hyatt for $45/nt!!!<BR>Check out www.biddingfortravel.com for advice on how best to bid on priceline.com

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Patty

The closest hotels to the port of Miami are probably the Best Western Marina(?) and the Intercontinental. These 2 properties are located either adjacent or across the street from the Bayside Market shopping area. Not sure whether they provide shuttles though - I would check directly with the hotel.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Anthony

FYI:<BR>The HoJo Motel that is mentioned above IS NOT right across from the port; it is near the freeway entrance TO the Ship Piers, but there are no hotels located where the ship piers are. The Hyatt and other hotels are 5 mins away from the HoJo, and far superior.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 01:16 PM
bruno

I am booked at the doubletree surfcomber in south beach, is that an ok hotel for precruise?

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 01:24 AM
Paul Therault

I stay at the Best WEstern. It can not hold a candle to the Intercontinental but it is directly across the street from the main entrance to Bayside Marina where I spend most of the day and most of the night. Great place. No complimentary airport transportation but since you can eat at the many places in the Marina you will have plenty of money left over to take cab.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 06:15 AM
Peter

I see on biddingfortravel.com, the Marriott Biscayne Bay (a four star hotel) went for $42 on Priceline. This is a very nice hotel (and yes, I have actually stayed there).

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 11:39 AM
bruno

is bettingontravel.com reliable?

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 07:42 AM
CruisingBoi

Bruno<BR>Whenever I book a hotel "on-line",I have found it is always advisable to follow up with a fone call to reconfirm.You'll save money on the rate so a short call to "In-House" reservations directly at the hotel could avoid a hassle at check in.Also, do plan to check in as close to 'Check-In" time as possibel,which is usually mid afternoon.If the hotel is oversold as hotels often are,you will get your room.If you check in late,your room may be gone with the wind.

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 10:06 AM
James

We just came back on Sept 30 and we stayed at the Best Western Marina Park. You can see the Pier from the hotel and it is across from the Bayside Market place. It is nice and clean and I think it was recently renovated. We paid $69 for a night and I would stay there again.