Golden Princess or Explorer of the Seas

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 10:37 AM
Kathy

Golden Princess or Explorer of the Seas

Which is the best for Eastern Caribbean? I have sailed both lines and think they are very close in value but haven't been on the Explorer size ship yet. Opinions please!!<BR>

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 12:51 PM
Peter

Kathy - been on both. On a scale of 1 to 10, the Grand is an 8 and the Explorer is a 10. The difference is Princess has the advantage for service and food while RCCL has the ship, its activities and entertainment. What makes the Explorer the best of RCCL is the rock climbing, ice skating and best of all, the Promonade.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 02:38 PM
Theresa

After sailing both - I would go with Golden Princess. I found the food and service far superior then Explorer.<BR><BR>Also prefer Princess' private island verses RCCL's private island.<BR><BR>

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 05:03 AM
Kathy

ttt

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 10:29 PM
Paul Therault

I have sailed both ships also and find it is difficult to compare. They are both engineering marvels. Princess is extremely elegant while Explorer is interestingly fun with absolutely too much to keep you busy.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 10:16 AM
James

Definately the Explorer. We just came back and were booked on the Grand Class ship of the Princess Line(sister ship to Golden). We were very disappointed. The ship is nothing special. It's just big and the service was terrible. Don't make the same mistake we did. I had a choice between the Golden and the Explorer when I booked and I am regreting it. I have cruised with both cruise line before and the food and service on Princess has deteriate so much after they have introduced Personal Choice Dining.(your server's tips is charged to your account directly.) Go with Explorer and you will not regret it like I do right now.