Reload this Page >

Gibraltar question?

Search

Gibraltar question?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20th, 2002, 05:19 PM
Please

Gibraltar question?

We will be on a cruise ship docked in Gibraltar from 7am till 5pm. Is there any way to do a day trip to Morocco by ferry, plane, or whatever? Any suggestions would be welcome.<BR>Please don't waste anybodies time with smart remarks how we will not experience the country or what a waste of time this will be. We know that as we do travel all over the world, and we do love to experience the local culture, people, food, etc., but this time we will be on a cruise, and since we've been to Gibraltar before, we would like to visit and possibly do a quick shopping trip for local art, as that's what we like to collect.

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 05:56 AM
Merriem

I would enjoy Gibraltar and not push the time issue. Also, the world situation is not terribly safe. IMHO

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 06:03 AM
viv

Morocco is 100% safe. Just returned from 2 weeks. Wonderful people and great shopping. The cruise ship would be the one to answer this question. Have you asked them?

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 06:23 AM
Please

The cruise line is not offering any excursions there. I also found out that ferry is out of a question, since it takes up to 3 hours to reach Tangiers. So a plane/helicopter option is the only one left. We would have to watch our time, as the cruise ship does not wait for anybody. It starting to look like we will be spending our day in Gibraltar, unless there is some reasonably priced flight on a regular basis.

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 07:34 AM
100%

NOTHING IS 100% SAFE!

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 08:11 AM
pat

I really enjoyed Gibraltar and can`t imagine not taking the opportunity to see it. There is so much history there. Those barbary apes jump right on you. Took the cable car to the top of the rock and saw some of the world war 2 stuff. Went to a museum and saw things from Admiral Nelson`s time. Also, if you want nice pearls at an inexpensive price, Gibraltar is your place! I`d forget about Morocco until another time.

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 01:37 PM
pat

Just to be on the safe side, you could always rent a car and see some of Spain near Gibraltar that you haven`t yet seen. Not sure what is close, but do remember the road across the air strip that went into Spain.