Reload this Page >

Galveston Cruises

Search

Galveston Cruises

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 12:18 PM
Michele

Galveston Cruises

Looking into cruises. I like the price of the Carnival cruises but am a little nervous about the quality. I am also looking at the RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas. Any experiences??<BR><BR>About me:<BR>40 yr female<BR>like the active ports and sightseeing<BR>enjoy fine dining <BR>not into the bar scene<BR>previous cruises:<BR> Celebrity - carribean<BR> Princess - asia<BR>Enjoyed both of these cruises.

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 12:50 PM
Peter

Been on the Rhapsody and she is a class ship - about 2,000 passengers - about the right size - not too big or small. I assume she's doing the Western Caribbean which is a very "active" itinerary. Rumor has it that Carnival attracts a more "rowdy" crowd - couldn't say for sure because I haven't nor will I ever, sail them.

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 05:34 PM
Elaine

We were on the Rhapsody in May and it was a great cruise. I think price wise - per day - you won't find too much difference between 4 or 5 day Celebration cruises and 7 day Rhapsody.<BR>We were on the Celebration 2 years ago when it was out of NO and we had no complaints BUT, given a choice, I'd pick the Rhapsody. I thought the food was very good, especially the desserts compared to those on the Celebration. I remember Carnival having a midnight buffet Every night, but there was only one on the Rhapsody..a chocolate everything!! (That wasn't important to us but might be to others). We passed and hit the hay but those who went said it was very good. The entertainment was A-1, the best of the 4 cruises we've been on. And the ship itself is prettier..hmmm, wrong word perhaps..how about elegant(er)?!<BR><BR>Whatever your choice, have fun and I wish I were going!!<BR><BR>PS We're older, but I'd say the majority on that particular cruise were in your age range. Another thing we liked was that port time was a little longer at each stop compared to, say, the Carnival cruise ships.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 12:03 PM
ttt

ttt

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 12:26 PM
Jennifer

I took the Rhapsody cruise in late September and had a great time. The majority of people on the cruise were in your age group, and they had a lot of activities geared to that. Any cruise out of Galveston will have fewer ports than a cruise out of Miami or San Juan because you have to go out further to get to the Caribbean.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 10:11 PM
Paul Therault

FYI. Do not book a cabin in the very front of the ship on decks 2 or 3 since the waves will be hitting your wall all day and night.<BR><BR>Paul