Norwegian Cruise Line-Norwegian Sky

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello. Has anyone been on the 4 day to Bahamas? M hubby/I have sailed on Carnival and am considering NCL. If you have been on NCL, what did and didn't you like? Were there any group fitness classes? How about veggie options? Thanks.
Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 04:39 AM

My wife and I went on Norwegian Cruise Lines last year for our first cruise. We were on the Norwegian Sky. The trip, and the ship and crew, were awesome. They were there for all our needs and desires. They are extremely friendly, without being pushy. Although I did not take advantage of them, I do believe they had group fitness programs. They had the most awesome buffets, so the veggie issue is definately covered. I would highly recommend Norwegian, the place for "freestyle" cruising, where you can do what you want...when you want...where your want.
Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 04:42 AM

I probably should have said that yes...this was a four night cruise to the Bahamas that we did. We have already booked our next cruise to the same place, on the same ship, at the same time. This time we are planning to bring more money to have more fun. We are going on Aug 16, 2010. Maybe we will see you there????
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 06:27 PM

My husband and I are taking this cruise on Jan. 18th. It is our first cruise. I am also hoping for some fitness classes or at least using the gym.
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 08:53 PM

We did that same cruise/same ship Spring 2009 with 3 adults, 3 college kids, 1 grandmother. All had a good time. If you read cruisecritic reviews, you will find they are all over the place about this cruise. This is my take on that - it is an inexpensive cruise on a slightly older/smaller ship. For what you pay, it is a great deal. The food was good - not great gourmet, but always something fine to eat. We found the condition of the ship to be excellent, staff pleasant.

The Bahamas are not my favorite cruise stop, but we shopped, went to the beach, did some snorkeling and kayaking - something for everyone.