Reload this Page >

Conflicting Messages Re: Personal Choice Dining on Grand Princess

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 07:42 PM
Bonnie

Being told by the Cruise Line that it's not a problem to be seated at the time you want-just make a reservation the day before. But I'm reading complaints on Travel Talk. What's the real story? We're a family of 5 and are waitlisted for the traditional dinig room.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Carol

We just got back from the E. Carib on the Grand. Had early dining in my dining room but opted for open dining one nite and were seated immediately. Really enjoyed having that as an option since we elected to take a nap after re-boarding and didn't want to eat that early.<BR><BR>By the way, it really is a beautiful ship and out of 6 cruises in the past 5 yrs., was probably the best one we've been on. Have fun!

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 04:55 AM
Starfish

From what I have read PC is a problem at certain times. If you eat early you can seated with no problems. If you like to eat around 7:00 that is where the wait seems to happen on some cruises.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 05:22 AM
jody

We were PC on Grand in Sept. and had no problem. Had to wait once around 7:00 for 10 mins. Otherwise, we were seated right away and we ate between 6:30 and 7:30 every nite.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 06:35 AM
Lenore

Last Christmas on the Grand we did the personal choice dining. The two formal nights were the only times we had to wait more than 10 minutes to be seated. One night was about 45 minutes, but we hit the restaurant right at prime time (about 7:15). We never made reservations, but it was just the two of us. My advice is to arrive before 6:45 or after 8pm if you don't want to wait. Otherwise, make a reservation each night for the following night.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Bonnie

Thank you to all that responded. I really do feel better now because I know what to expect.