first cruise - light sleepers

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 05:54 PM
Kelly

first cruise - light sleepers

We've read many reviews on this site and others regarding cabin selection - we're both light sleepers and have learned we shouldn't select a cabin under a spa or kitchen (rolling items back and forth) under the jogging track or over the disco/show room. Any more advice before we book? We're looking at the Celebrity Summit. Thanks.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 09:57 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Kelly,<BR><BR>Someone once mentioned that the foghorn is very annoying. I did notice that is was very loud on a couple of ships that I sailed up the East coast. Especially if your cabin is up on the pool deck. It is continuous every minute. I am taking a guess that you are sailing Alaska on the Summit. There is quite a bit of fog in the evening.<BR><BR>Maybe you should not consider a cabin on the top deck. Just a thought.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 05:43 AM
merriem

There is a lot of noise on the lower decks and to the rear. We are also light sleepers, and were assigned a horrible cabin on Celebrity for an upcoming trip. Our TA did take care of it. I find they want to get rid of the worst cabins, so be a good shopper.

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 03:53 AM
Mary

Hi Kelly: I'm a light sleeper also and have been on the Summit. Get a cabin on the Penthouse Deck. No problems.

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 03:18 PM
Sandra

Also avoid the very front portion of the ship on the lower decks. The sound of the anchor going up or down is enough to wake the dead!

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 07:11 AM
Bob

Two words: ear plugs.<BR><BR>You can get them inexpensively at any pharmacy/Walmart/grocery store. From crying babies on airplanes to the guy with the death-rattle cough of the guy in the next hotel room, they come in handy very often.<BR><BR>Cheers!