Coral Princess To Alaska

Aug 1st, 2006, 06:06 PM
Original Poster

Coral Princess To Alaska

Has anyone sailed on The Coral Princess from Vancover to Alaska recently?. Friends of ours are going and we were interested in joining them. Since we have very little cruise experience we would appreciate advice on what area of the ship is the best area when booking a room. Also what side of the ship?
Aug 3rd, 2006, 01:42 AM

Be sure to get a balcony cabin. The side doesn't matter. Generally the higher up and more amidships the smoother the ride. Cheers. Larry
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:00 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Larry. We are on a wait list for this cruise. The more I read about outbreaks of a virus, ships tilting , passengers hogging the deck chairs etc,the more I wonder if cruising is my cup of tea.
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:11 AM

Sabrina: Its really up to you but I think its like the news in that all you see and hear is the bad stuff happening in the world. 99% of the cruise experience is positive and this is why you get so many repeat customers. The cruise industry is growing so there must be a demand. Don't let some bad publicity paint the overall experience. Then if so I think you will be missing something. JM2C. Cheers. Larry
Aug 7th, 2006, 06:51 AM
katybird

JAcketwatch...don't you mean cabin lower in ship is better for a smoother sailing?? I have always heard..lower, midship if you tend to get seasick.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Aug 7th, 2006, 11:17 AM

My typo katy, you are correct. Thanks for saying what I meant.
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:17 PM

We took the Coral Princess from Alaska to Vancouver in 2004, (balcony cabin) and had a wonderful trip. Smooth seas, great ship and staff, great weather, good food, no hugging of deck chairs, etc. This was our first cruise and we were pleasantly surprised - this was probably the most relaxing vacation we've ever been on.

Our room was on the port side, towards the middle, on level E. Others in our family were on lower decks, toward the back... no one had any complaints regarding the position of their cabins, except the ones at the back (my parents, in their 80s) had to walk a little farther to get to the dining room.

I've heard the possibility of contracting a virus is greater on land than on sea.

Hope you get on!