Search

Diamond Princess

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diamond Princess

We are taking the 15 day cruise from LA to Hawaii in Sept. on the Diamond Princess. We have stateroom A220 (Aloha deck). Looking at the ship diagram, there is an area on this deck at the front of the ship that doesnt show anything designated there....cabins, etc. Does anyone know what that area is? Just wondering.
Thanks
Old May 24th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Original Poster

I just found a different deck diagram and I am guessing that the large area is the huge balcony for the suite A104!
Would be nice!
Old May 28th, 2007, 02:46 AM

Maybe an area like that is just an open deck. Had that on Sun Princess. No chairs and only way get there from door at end of corridor. We were few cabins down from door and did go there to see outside world (we had an inside cabin or just to look at port.
Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 03:11 PM

Hi, I am going on that same trip in Oct. intresting. Do you have any plans yet on the shore excursions.? By the way everytime we book a cruise I always want the Aloha deck, but never get it. have fun..Let me know if you know of anything interesting to do off the ship. thanks
Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 07:32 PM
Original Poster

Hi,
No, we haven't booked any shore excursions yet. I guess it is too early because every time I try to get info on them through the Princess website, I am denied access. Guess I will call them. We usually just arrange our own excursions in port rather than booking thru Princess anyway. So far we have had good experiences doing this and pay much less than Princess charges. These have been in Central America, Mexican Riviera, and Caribbean. Dont know if it would be the same in Hawaii. Has anyone done this on the Hawaiian cruise?
We booked our cruise in Jan. and there were several vacancies on the Aloha deck. But maybe they fill up fast.
Which deck do you have in Oct?
Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 08:34 PM

This is just a guess, but the "blank" spot on the deck plan might be officers' quarters since the area is immediately below the bridge.

There might be a forward-facing open deck area accessible to passengers. There was such a deck on the old Crown Princess, so I'd check it out and look for an access door. However, if there is one, take care opening it as it could be very windy when the ship is moving.

Linda Coffman
Author, Fodor's The Complete Guide to Caribbean Cruises
Old Jun 23rd, 2007, 06:16 AM

I THINK I AM ON THE EMERALD DECK. I'LL LET YOU KNOW IF I FIND ANY INFO ON SHORE EXERSIONS. PEOPLE ALSO SAID TO RENT A CAR.