RCCL Balcony Stateroom Guarantee

Old Jan 27th, 2009, 05:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RCCL Balcony Stateroom Guarantee

My husband and I are booked on a Carnival Cruise for March 22 on the Vision of the Seas. We currently have an outside cabin due to the big difference in pricing for the Balcony. I do see that they have a"Balcony Stateroom Guarantee" where you don't know what cabin you are getting until the last minute. Does anyone know if you would end up with rooms in the middle of the ship or in the bow or stern of the ship. We are currently on deck number 3.
Old Jan 27th, 2009, 10:18 AM

No one knows - not even the cruiseline. That is the point of a guarantee cabin - they put you wherever they have room - could be a great cabin, could be under the dance floor, at one end or another, partially obstructed.

And am also confused, although not especially relevant. Your heading says RCCL and you text says Carnival - hope you figure out which cruiseline you are on.
Old Jan 27th, 2009, 11:13 AM

Vision of the Seas is indeed in the RCCL fleet.

A Balcony Guarantee is just that. The cruise line will guarantee a balcony cabin somewhere on the ship. It could be anywhere, it could be any balcony category cabin. It is like playing craps. Sometimes you lose, but you could win big. If you do not like taking the risk, no not book a "Balcony Stateroom Guarantee".
Old Jan 28th, 2009, 02:33 PM

I was on the Vision of the Seas earlier this month - it's Royal Caribbean (not Carnival!)
Old Jan 28th, 2009, 07:48 PM

In December I booked a Mexican Rivera cruise with Princess with a balcony guarantee for a cruise mid March. I just got my cabin assignment and we were ungraded four categories. We are midway between the centre of the ship and the stern. We would have had to pay about $500.Canadian per person more for this cabin if I had booked it in December. I have always booked a specific cabin, but I may not do that in the future as I am delighted with the cabin we were given. Perhaps it depends on how full the ship is and if you have sailed with Carnival before. We have sailed with Princess 3 other times.
Old Jan 29th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you for your replies. Yes I know it is Royal Caribbean not Carnival - I made a mistake - so shoot me (LOL)