Cruise help

Jul 26th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Original Poster

Cruise help

Ok, Im just can't seem to find via e-mail in contacting NCL regarding pre-cruise purchases I have made. Calling them and being placed on hold is a battle on it's own. As I have mentioned, I have made some pre-cruise purchaces like the honeymoon package on NCL for my fiance'. One of the perks for this package is dinner for 2 in La Bistro. I would like to make a reservation for this on day 3 of our cruise but I can't seem to find a contact e-mail address for NCL. I hate being put on hold over the phone as time is money for all of us. Any help on this will be much appreciated.

Also, is roomservice (ie: breakfast or lunch) included or is there a charge for this on NCL. I can't seem to find info on this topic either.

Am I looking in the wrong place on the net?!?!?!!??!!??! www.ncl.com

Well, I just hope the cruise will be better than what I am observing thus far and I haven't even boarded the ship yet. Were boarding in 2 weeks.

sigh
Jul 26th, 2004, 07:19 PM

Hi Brownboy,
Which ship/sailing are you going on? NCL is lacking in the customer relations department, an understatement to be sure. However, with the exception of the US flagged ship the POA that sails the Hawaiian Islands (brand new) the cruises themselves are supposed to make up for it.

I'm sailing in little over a week on the Dream to the Baltics and have heard mostly very good things about this ship as well as the rest in the fleet.

I'll certainly know more in a few weeks though....

Did you book through a TA. My feeling is that you haven't which is fine, if you did, they (NCL) will not speak to you. If you didn't use a TA, call them again, try a different time of day and politely, yet sternly ask to speak to a supervisor.

Good luck and congrats on your nuptuals!

I'm sorry I can't be of more help at this time, but I understand. Have you checked out www.cruisecritic.com? It's been a weatlth of information for me for the last few months.
Jul 27th, 2004, 08:52 AM

brownboy - there is free 24-hour room service. Also, I had great customer service with NCL. The number I called was: 1-800-446-0555. The passenger courtesy number is 1-800-327-7030

What cruise are you going on? We just got back from the NCL SEA a few weeks ago and it was great.
Jul 27th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanx for your help "Rosemary1" and "Kadao" it's very much appreciated.

I have worked out the problems with the phone numbers given which was a great help.. thanx again

ps: the TA wasn't of much help on this one. by the way, were ailing on the NCL Norwegian Sun.

brownboy

Jul 29th, 2004, 06:12 AM

Hi!
We cruised on NCL in Hawaii in Feb. for our honeymoon- did that same "package" as you.
You can't make reservations for the specialty restaurants that far in advance. They only take them 1 or 2 days ahead of time.

I hope you and your fiancee have a better time than we did. We found the ship and service completely lacking. The spa wasn't too good and extremely pushy about trying to sell their products.
I liked the meal at Le Bistro, but I thought it was ridiculous that some entrees had another surcharge on top of the original surcharge to dine there.
La Tratorria, and the Hawaiian restaurant were pretty bad in our opinions. The modern place (can't remember name) was alright, but again, not worthy of paying "extra" on.

Additionally, we had bad weather, so we had to completely skip Maui because they couldn't drop anchor. This was too much for passengers and crew...

My recommendation is to NOT book the "special" Napili Beach Break package. That was a complete waste of money. Paying extra gets you on a different beach with no bathrooms or food service. You have to take the little tender to the other area where you can hang out for free, to use the bathroom and to eat lunch, and to buy local trinkets.

Good luck! I hope your weather is beautiful!