PROBS WITH RCCL Cust Care

Feb 21st, 2006, 08:17 AM
Original Poster

PROBS WITH RCCL Cust Care

Hi, has anyone in the UK had any problems getting a response from the Customre Care Dept.? I wrote to them about a genuine concern back in December , and have yet to receive a reply. All I've gotten so far is an acknowledgement letter and when I call they say another 14 days!! I also wrote to the Chief Exec in Miami 10 days ago and not yet heard anything back from him either...Anyone else having similar problems>
Thanks
Feb 21st, 2006, 11:05 AM

Good luck dealing with cruise line. That's when travel agent would be handy.
Feb 21st, 2006, 04:29 PM

A friend of mine sent a letter to Celebrity which of course has merged with RCCL about problems with his cruise last Sept. and received a similar sounding reply which is to say his concerns were not at all addressed. Bear in mind he and his wife had taken around 20 X cruises B4 this. No more for them. I just wonder if this has become a corporate tone for the two since their merger. JM2C.
Feb 21st, 2006, 11:15 PM

Sad to say when on a ship, I had a major problem. No help at all on the ship from chief concierge. When off the ship (after cruise), I got no help at all - not even a form letter for a legitimate problem when I requested immediate reply. No, I didn't ask for money back or free trip.

This was Celebrity.

When a trip goes well (I am not demanding) it's great. When there is a problem it's like being held captive. On a ship in the middle of the ocean does not make me feel like an assertive customer, I felt at the mercy of the ships staff.

Sad to say after several previous great trips on various lines, no plans for another cruise for me.
Feb 22nd, 2006, 05:00 AM
Original Poster

Hi, Surprisingly I acutally got a response today (knew that would happen).
They offered $100 credit twds future cruise in Nov 06. Not had a reply from the CEO as yet! On the case however,,,
Feb 22nd, 2006, 09:47 AM
pat

Wrote to NCL, and had no answer. Nada!
Feb 22nd, 2006, 09:50 AM

I wrote to Carnival once about, shall I say very inappropriate comments by one of its headline entertainers and received a free upgrade along with what I would term an appreciative letter.
Aug 13th, 2006, 07:28 AM

I wrote to RCCI in the UK following a problem during a cruise which was reported at the time. Details were taken and although the problem could not be resolved, we felt it was handled sympathically. Every effort was made at the time and the guest relations team really tried to help. I followed this up with the Customer Care Department and were sent future cruise vouchers. I would say that the answer is to make your complaint whilst still on board and follow it up when you get home. No ranting and raving, just polite determination to get something done.