Cruise Discounters

Search

Cruise Discounters

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2004, 11:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise Discounters

I was wondering if anyone had used Vacationstogo.com to book their cruise. Up until now we have always booked through the cruiselines, but this company seems to offer substantial discounts. Thankyou
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 12:06 PM

In most cases, the cruiselines themselves have the highest rates. It's always best to shop around, as no one agency will always have the lowest price on every sailing.

Vactionstogo has a good reputation. You might also try creating a request on CruiseCompete.com and putting the Vacationstogo price in the comments. Then various agencies will have the chance to offer you a lower rate.

Cheers!
Old Apr 5th, 2004, 09:14 AM

Try cruisequick.com I got a really good price from Travelocity and cruisequick.com was $400 less. I checked Vacationstogo's prices for the cruise we've booked and they had the same price as travelocity. This is the first time we booked with cruisequick.com but it seems all legit since they don't process any of the money. The cruiseline does all the billing etc. The day after I made the deposit, I called the cruiseline and they had the reservation. Marianne
Old Apr 5th, 2004, 10:19 AM

I just checked vacationstogo.com and the price is the same as the price going directly to the Carnival.com site. I would go directly with the cruise line if the prices are the same.
Old Apr 5th, 2004, 12:59 PM

Actually, there are advantages to going with a travel agent even when prices are the same--if something goes wrong, you have an advocate to fight for you (who has a little more pull with the cruiseline than you do).

Not that this comes into play very often, but it can happen.

Cheers!