Reload this Page >

cruise cost estimates

Search

cruise cost estimates

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 02:12 PM
ann

cruise cost estimates

Hello,<BR>We are a family of 4 who have never cruised<BR>before and I wanted to get just some estimates from a few of you.<BR><BR>We're considering the 3 or 4 day cruises out<BR>of Florida, either the Carnival, Disney or<BR>RCL.<BR><BR>I'm also looking at 2 cabins with the least<BR>expensive ocean view. We are a family of<BR>senior parents and 2 adult children.<BR><BR>I'm planning at least 1 day excursion and<BR>no alcoholic drinks.<BR><BR>Should I plan on budgeting about $1500<BR>for the family for Carnival and RCL?<BR><BR>And how much more for Disney?<BR><BR>I just need some estimates when I go<BR>talk to an agent.<BR><BR>Also, what is the best shortest cruise<BR>for first-timers <BR><BR><BR>Thanks a bunch,<BR>

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 08:58 AM
Patty

You can go to either RCI's (www.rccl.com) or Carnival's (www.carnival.com) website to get actually prices for each sailing/cabin category - no need to guess. Not sure whether Disney has prices on their site. A list of shore excursions and prices are also available on RCI's website to give you a good idea of what's available and the costs. Add to that gratuities of approx. $10 per person per day. $1500 might be enough if you can get a really good price on the sailing.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 10:11 AM
Bob

Ann: <BR><BR>It's doable for a 3-night Bahamas cruise. We got a rate of $218 PP for a porthole cabin last year on Carnival. While I don't think rates are as low, you can probably find a deal for $300pp or so. Figuring $100 for tips, that leaves you $200 for an excursion. Of course, this assumes no air travel-parking-hotel-insurance-photos-etc.<BR><BR>If you can go a little bit higher--say the $2,000 total range--could probably find a 5-day that would take you to more interesting ports and would probably be a better overall experience.<BR><BR>Good luck!<BR>

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 12:53 PM
Lenore

Try mytravelco.com or bestpricecruises.com. Both have very user friendly websites. You just type in a few of the basics, like when and where you want to go, and they will list the available cruises within your criteria. You can get ballpark figures from their sites. Once you narrow it down to 2 or 3 cruises, contact them for a quote. I've had great luck with My Travel Co, but booked my next cruise with Best Price Cruises because they had a better deal this time. Get yourself on their e-mail list and they'll send you their specials weekly. Good luck!

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 04:08 PM
Phillip

Ann: May I suggest another sight that you can explore. icruise.com<BR><BR>I booked my next cruise with them, and got fantastic prices. And, you can also track the pricing yourself and when the price drops, you can request the new rate. They are also very reliable, and<BR>are quick to respond to your inquiries.<BR>Just my opinion, but I was able to lower our costs this way.