Celebrity - Horizon

Search

Celebrity - Horizon

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Celebrity - Horizon

Hi, we just booked a 7 night cruise to Bermuda on Celebrity's Horizon. Has anyone cruised on this ship and what do you think of it? First time in Bermuda, any suggestions on what to see and do?
Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 04:29 AM

Go to cruisecritic.com. You will find a lot of info and can join a roll call of your cruise.
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 05:03 AM

We did a 7-day cruise on Horizon a couple of years ago. It is a smaller, older ship, but well maintained. I prefer it to some of the older ones.

We bought a 3-day bus/water taxi pass and used it extensively. It's a great way to get around the island.

Take the water taxi out to the Dockyards if you are not docked there. They have an old fort that was interesting to see, and of course, the Frog & Onion Pub for a pint or lunch. They also have shopping there.

Get on the Bermuda website and do a search. Swizzle Inn, some caverns, and even a brewery for lunch.

You'll really enjoy Bermuda.
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 05:12 AM

My husband and I did the same cruise last August. It was great! We did the shipwreck snorkling, it was a lot of fun and take your underwater camera but don't touch the eel, he snaps! We also saw the crystal caves which was interesting, the beaches were crowded so go to the furthest one. We even took the ferry to the wharf, found the place boring.
Hope this helped.
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 05:13 AM

Oh, I forgot -- Gibb's Hill lighthouse is worth it, just for the views. There's a nice restaurant nearby for lunch -- Henry VIII.
Old Mar 20th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all who replied. We are really looking forward to this cruise and to see the sites.
I will check out cruisecritic.com.
Thanks again.
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 07:33 AM

Perhaps the only real negative to the Horizon is that it doesn't dock in Hamilton. This does add alot of time in getting into and out of town - especially inconvenient in the evenings.
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 05:20 PM

My first cruise was on Horizon to Bermuda. Loved it.

Enjoy it while you can, though. Horizon will be renamed the Island Star when it leaves the Celebrity fleet and joins Island Cruises this winter.

The ship will be sold primarily to Brazilian and South American customers during its winter season and in the U.K. and Europe for its summer season.