Buying Onboard Credits

Oct 27th, 2003, 09:07 AM
Original Poster

Buying Onboard Credits

Hi All,

I apologize if this has already been addressed- I searched and couldn't come up with a good thread. I read somewhere that people can buy you onboard credits to use on your cruise. Is this true? How would they do this, call the cruise line?

Thanks for your help!
Oct 27th, 2003, 10:21 AM

I don't know if I've ever heard of buyhing actual 'onboard credits', but on Carnival I know you can buy coupons that are good towards drinks or photos, and those are available on their website. You can also purchase bottles of wine for passengers. http://gifts.carnival.com/Catalog.asp Royal Caribbean offers wine on their website also (rccl.com).
Oct 27th, 2003, 11:32 AM

My Mom just returned from a Princess cruise and told me that by leaving a small deposit ($100?) for future travel with them, she gets four years to actually cruise and an onboard credit when she takes the trip. If she doesn't cruise, she will get a full refund.
Oct 27th, 2003, 11:52 AM

Are you referring to buying someone who is sailing an onboard credit as a gift? If so, I believe you can do this by contacting the cruise line much like ordering in cabin wine or flowers as gifts.
Oct 27th, 2003, 12:45 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Patty. Yes, that's what I'm referring to.
Oct 30th, 2003, 08:54 PM

Yes you can definately do it by calling the cruise line. I just got several on NCL. Go to the cruise website and you should see a number for this. FYI....NCL for other cruisers, NCL is starting to offer onboard credits with some of there cruise packages. My most recent one gave us a $50 on board credit.
Nov 6th, 2003, 05:25 AM

Re buying a gift. you can do it on-line or by calling the cruise line's home office.
I had planned my nephews Honeymoon cruise & then before the wedding I gave my credit card # & amount I wished to their office..
When they boarded a gift card in an envelope w/my personalized message was there for them to see.
This is a great idea in MHO as opposed to buying a bottle of wine or fruit which is usually abundant as the
recipient can choose exactly How to
spend your gracious gift.

Search this Thread