cruisecomplete.com

Oct 29th, 2003, 07:48 AM
Original Poster

cruisecomplete.com

Have anyone used cruisecomplete.com? Are all the travel agencies reliable in that site?

Thank you
Oct 29th, 2003, 04:10 PM

Sorry but I can't help. I have not seen cruisecomplete mentioned here nor on Cruise Critic. Hopefully someone can help you.
Oct 29th, 2003, 04:13 PM

I just checked it out. It looks like the TA's compete to get your business. Some that are listed I am familiar with and have read good reports on.
Oct 29th, 2003, 04:22 PM
Original Poster

Starfish:

Would you please tell me which agency you
have read good reports on?

Thanks
Oct 30th, 2003, 12:31 PM

The name of the site is actually "cruisecompete.com"--because the agents "compete" for your business. Big names that I'm familiar with include Best Price Cruises, Cruise Value Center, Cruise.com, Cruises-n-more, and Cruise Brothers.

I would feel pretty safe booking with any of them--after all, the business is mostly done with credit cards--if you don't get what you want, you just cancel the charge. I've really heard very few posts on this board or others about people who had serious problems based on their choice of agency.

Cheers!

Oct 30th, 2003, 03:23 PM
sfe

I booked using CruiseCompete just a couple of weeks ago. I chose a travel agency called onlyfunvacations, who had the best deal for me. I have talked to the TA on the phone, and she returns my e-mails promptly. I received an invoice in the mail with all the details, and called and confirmed with Carnival. So far, so good! I found the site on the Cruise Critic website. Seems to be legit.
Nov 2nd, 2003, 06:30 AM

All the ones mentioned by triathelet plus Rainbow, and some people have had good luck with Costa.
Nov 4th, 2003, 01:25 PM

Greenthumb,
Just booked a Radisson cruise through the cruisecompete.com site and am amazed at the deal I got.
We told them the ship and dates we wanted and then about 5 companies e-mailed their lowest prices. We just chose the lowest, and made the booking over the phone.After I expressed some doubt about the booking in the evaluation of the site, the owner of the site e-mailed me to reassure me that the company I chose is very reliable.
I also contacted the BBB and they had no outstanding complaints.
I had also heard good reviews on other boards.
So, I think it's worth a try. You can't lose anything and may even luck out like I did with a terific deal.
Happy Sailing.
Joanne
Nov 5th, 2003, 01:13 PM

Greenthumb BEWARE,
This is a followup to my message yesterday.
Just got the confirmation from the cruise company and they quoted me a price that didn't include my whole itinerary as stated in my initial quote request. 12 days instead of 25.
Just wrote to the cruisecompete man and hopefully they can rectify this very aggravating situation.
So I would be very hesitant to deal with this company. Maybe it is only the company we booked with and not the cruisecompete company that took our quote request.
Will keep you posted.
Joanne
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:40 PM

I used cruisecompete 2 book 2 cabins with cruise value center. I have also booked with cruise.com in the past.