Beware:Moments-notice.com

May 5th, 2003, 09:37 AM
sweetsue

Beware:Moments-notice.com

I would highly NOT recommend this company. We booked our last cruise with them. When the prices went down, they denied that, and also said that Celebrity did not include port charges on their website. Totally untrue. They also over charged us on some federal taxes that should have been $32 each, not $59. I have confirmed this with Celebrity.

When I tried to contact this company......which never answers their e-mails, they said we had booked an inside cabin guarantee! Now that is funny, because I have the papers when the reservation was made last August, and it says OUTSIDE guarantee. Celebrity also agrees with me.

Take your money somewhere else. They were difficult to deal with and very rude. They may have been around for quite sometime, but their dishonesty is going to get them in trouble.

Just a heads up!

May 6th, 2003, 10:14 AM

Hmmm. I have never heard of that company (so I would never deal with them anyway).

Prior to booking with them did you check with the Better Business Bureau?

Regardless of your answer, thanks for posting your experience, as it may alert others to be cautious in their dealings with this company.
May 6th, 2003, 01:59 PM
sweetsue

They have been in business for at least 25 years, and are recommended by several travel guides either frommers or fodors. They were really nasty, and I have forwarded all their e-mails to Celebrity.....Now they are really interested when one of their customers is not treated well.

Moments notice is still saying we booked an outside cabin, and we were upgraded out an outside. However my receipt way OUTSIDE guarantee, and that was what we paid for. Celebrity has the same records. STay away from them.

May 7th, 2003, 06:15 AM
sweetsue

I made a typo:
Moments notice is still saying we booked an INSIDE cabin, and we were upgraded out an outside. However my receipt way OUTSIDE guarantee, and that was what we paid for. Celebrity has the same records. STay away from them.

Maybe I should ask for a refund...

May 7th, 2003, 07:10 AM

I am sorry to hear about your problems. It was a very good idea to let the cruise line know. Even better than checking with the Better Business Bureau, check with the cruise line about a travel agency - the cruise line will likely have other complaints if there is a major problem. You might also want to check with the states that have Sellers of Travel, such as California or Washington - they will have other complaints against a travel agency if there is a problem. Finally, you can also check with the International Air Transport Association (IATA), which has records of most travel agencies, and Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), which offers membership to travel agencies, specializing in cruises, to check on travel agencies.

Have a great day!
Julia Elzie
[email protected]
May 7th, 2003, 10:30 AM
sweetsue

Thanks, I have sent you an e-mail along with a copy of an article I wrote about them.

May 8th, 2003, 10:39 AM
sweetsue

Julia, thanks for your e-mail. I think more people will learn from others experience about who not to do business with.

May 9th, 2003, 11:25 AM

HAS ANYONE HEARD OF VACATIONS TO GO??? DISCOUNT BROKERS FOR CRUISES???
May 10th, 2003, 04:31 PM

To JOANNAPVB who posted a question on this thread about Vacations to Go:

We have used Vacations to Go with good results. My husband constantly monitors the 90 day ticker looking for bargains and we will probably use them again.

Since this agency is unrelated to the agency which is the subject of this thread, I will post a note under a new title.

Any questions? real address below.

[email protected]