Need Suggestions!!!

May 1st, 2003, 06:25 AM
kep
Original Poster

Need Suggestions!!!

My in laws are thinking about going on their first Caribbean cruise, they are a young 70. They are fairly main stream, but do prefer the adult atmosphere as opposed to lots of kids. Of course they know not to travel during spring, Christmas breaks or summer. Had thought maybe the Brillance of the Seas, any other ship come to mind?? They are very social and friendly and like a good time but in a more quiet way but not in a stuffy way. Karen
May 1st, 2003, 09:57 AM

Take a look at one of the Celebrity Millenium class ships. Celebrity is RCL's upscale cruise line, especially in terms of the food. The alternative restaurants are fabulous.
May 1st, 2003, 12:46 PM

kep
Suggest the Radisson Diamond! It will be in the Caribbean during the summer. A 6* ship.....this summer 2 for 1, all inexclusive and Country Club Casual (no formal night) The ship is absolutely gorgeous and with huge balconies! They would have a ball!
M.B.
May 3rd, 2003, 02:53 AM

Take a look at Hal. If possible go for a 10 day cruise. I think they would really like this line.
May 3rd, 2003, 07:03 AM

I also recommend the HAL line- there will be more people their own age- even YOUNG 70's--and it is a much more adult line with terrific food.....

2nd option would be Celebrity--ANY of their ships....

3rd option would be Radisson--but only due to the size of the ships ( a little smaller than the other 2 ships mentioned above)--and a lot more expensive.....
May 4th, 2003, 12:13 PM

I am 41 and my husband is 37. We just came back from a Radisson cruise to the Caribbean and it was really great! Most of the folks onboard were more in the 55-75 age range, so we were very much on the young side - but that really didn't matter.

The price is pretty expensive, but it includes just about everything. I did a comparison to some of the other lines that seem less expensive and found once you add in your tips, alcohol, excursions, coffees, and all the other things those lines charge for, there was not that much difference in price.

I also love the small number of guests on the ship. there are no lines and no waiting which one the larger lines is often the case.

Hope they have a great time.
May 4th, 2003, 12:15 PM

If you are interested in Radisson, my email is [email protected].

Also check out cruisecritic.com and read the boards - they have lots of interesting comments.
May 12th, 2003, 05:44 AM
kep
Original Poster

Hi : thanks for all the suggestions. I think Radisson maybe out of reach any other Ideas would be appreciated. Their interests include wime tastings, photography historical sites. Thanks Karen