Bermuda This Weekend

Sep 4th, 2003, 08:13 AM
Original Poster

Bermuda This Weekend

Is there anybody worried about the ships being able to dock in Bermuda this weekend after Fabian hits tomorrow.

http://www.theroyalgazette.com/apps/...NEWS/109040056
Sep 4th, 2003, 08:26 AM

See www.crusiecritic.com
According to them, Bermuda ports are closed. But then only 1 crusie line was due in. The others are typically coming from USA and don't arrive til Tue. By then things should be ok.
Sep 4th, 2003, 08:55 AM
Original Poster

The ships are leaving Bermuda today...they have probably all left. Let's put it this way.. if our cruise ship has to just sail around I wouldn' be that unhappy..lol But I'm all loaded up with seasick remedies...including Sturgeon and gnger tablets.
Sep 4th, 2003, 05:47 PM

A far as I know, the ports in Bermuda are ALWAYS closed on the weekends. They don't want the cruise ships there ALL the time, so they take their island back for themselves on the weekends.

Is that still the case?

Don't worry over things you have no control either. Just enjoy your ship wherever it may go.

Happy cruising!!
Sep 5th, 2003, 04:06 AM
Original Poster

Cruiser.. this would be our 10th time to Bermuda this weekend and I do know that the Captain can change the itinerary...and I do know that ships are gone over the weekend....the Bermudians themselves have left if they can...it's rather selfish of me I know, but I really dont' want to end up in the Bahamas..http://www.weather.bm/
Sep 5th, 2003, 04:32 AM
Original Poster

Have to apologize...my postings sound so selfish...yes, as a BOP (Bermuda Obsessed Person)I'm hoping and praying that the good people there manage to get through this safely..