Beer bash on the Maasdam

Jun 20th, 2002, 10:44 AM
Clint

Beer bash on the Maasdam

I have read about a bunch of the Carnival regulars taking a cruise on Holland America's Maasdam this July. I read that there is supposed to be a rowdy drunken party the entire cruise.

Which sailing is this going to be?

Jun 20th, 2002, 10:53 AM
Gary

One of my friends that I met on my last cruise (RCCL) recently sent me an email about this beer bash thing. I thought that the Holland America line catered to the older, more conservative crowd, but it appears that they are trying to change their image to attract a younger, more lively bunch.

Jun 20th, 2002, 11:16 AM
Ben

The Maasdam is Holland America’s new party ship. The beer bash thing is not just one time in July, but rather it is on every sailing on the Maasdam that goes to the Western Caribbean. So in July that would be the July 7, and July 21 departures. In August it would be August 4 and August 18 departures. In September it would be the September 1, 15 and 29 departures. I am going with some of my frat brothers on the August 4 sailing.

Holland America has taken out advertisements in Rolling Stone magazine, as well as Glamour, and they have teamed up with Budweiser so they must be pretty serious about the beer bash thing.

Jun 20th, 2002, 11:34 AM
Ben

The Maasdam is Holland America’s new party ship. The beer bash thing is not just one time in July, but rather it is on every sailing on the Maasdam that goes to the Western Caribbean. So in July that would be the July 7, and July 21 departures. In August it would be August 4 and August 18 departures. In September it would be the September 1, 15 and 29 departures. I am going with some of my frat brothers on the August 4 sailing.

Holland America has taken out advertisements in Rolling Stone magazine, as well as Glamour, and they have teamed up with Budweiser so they must be pretty serious about the beer bash thing.

Jun 20th, 2002, 11:50 AM
Sam

I am a TA in Penn. Holland America has not commented to me about the beer bash thing, but they have taken out advertisements. I don't know why they haven't told the travel agents yet, but you know what they say about the Internet getting the news first? The party animals should book the Maasdam ASAP for the western Carib soon before they raise the rates.

Jun 21st, 2002, 02:38 AM
Paul Therault

Sam is correct. HAL does not tell anyone about their "theme" cruises.

Now I know where this stuff is coming from.

I will contact my friend Peter Travers at Rolling Stone to find out about the HAL ads.

I know of an elderly couple that booked a HAL cruise and ended up in a Sha-na-na convention.

I guess when HAL is advertising "new family friendly" they mean it!

Paul

Jun 21st, 2002, 11:41 AM
croozer

Thanks for the update. We like to party!

Jun 21st, 2002, 12:17 PM
Gary

beer bash. sounds like fun. Any more details?

Jun 21st, 2002, 01:55 PM
enuff

So, the Carnival ownership of a truly great cruise line has now started to show.So sad.Oh well, thank god for Raddison.

Jun 22nd, 2002, 02:45 PM
damdam

Rumors. Lies. Fabrications. Hyperbole.

Jun 22nd, 2002, 05:44 PM
Paul Therault

Just found out it is not a "theme" cruise. HAL does not endorse "beer bashes" and certainly does not pay to advertise in entertainment magazines.

I am presuming it is a bunch of guys that took out an ad and would like to get a group together to drink on the Maasdam and raise cain.

I will continue looking into the matter this coming week when I contact a VP in Marketing.

Paul

Jun 24th, 2002, 06:33 AM
chuck

You know what? It doesn't matter whether or not HAL endorses it or not.
Plenty of people know about it and that is all that matters.

The fraternity and sorority chapters around the country have known about this since May and have made their members well aware of the upcoming parties that will be taking place on the Maasdam.

HAL will not turn away paying customers. Once they are on the ship, there will be a party.

If the elderly people do not want to be in the Carnival atmosphere, they better avoid all western Caribbean sailings on the Maasdam.

Jun 24th, 2002, 06:27 PM
seniorsot

Hey,Chuck Fratbrat--
now hear this--I am 76 and a whole group of my same age friends are planning to take over that ship on this cruise. We can drink more before noon than you punks can all day so watch out.

Jun 24th, 2002, 09:54 PM
rebelwithacause

Too bad all the frat boys booked on the Maasdam for a beer bash - C lebrity just announced 4 of their Adults Only cruises this fall will include all the alcohol you want - all free in the price (wine, bloddy Mary's, cocktail parties, etc.)

Jun 24th, 2002, 11:07 PM
Paul Therault

I like the seniorguy reply.

Never fear oldsters. Once the fratsters and sorority gals find out the price they will never get that amount of cash from their moms and dads. They will end up again back in Cancun.

Paul

Jun 25th, 2002, 05:09 AM
Tucker

Paul is truely out of touch. Paul, many people in fraternities and sorrorities have a large disposable income. Money is really no object to many.

Also, Seniorsot, I think that the frat guys and sororrity girls will not mind the old men slamming them back. Nice try to stir the pot a little, but the college kids will drink with anyone.

Jun 25th, 2002, 06:29 PM
seniorsot

Hey Tucker, I like you already. Hang with me kid---I'll teach you a few!

Jun 25th, 2002, 09:43 PM
Paul Therault

Since Holland requires couples at least over the age of 21 in the staterooms there are going to ge quite a few fratseniors and sorrorityseniors on the ship. Of course they can always bring mommy and daddy. So bring your disposible income.

What a bunch of hooey this thread is.

Paul