Reload this Page >

Back from Jamaica!!!!

Search

Back from Jamaica!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 10:39 AM
kooer

Back from Jamaica!!!!

Hey all! I just wanted to let people know about my stop at Jamaica. I was told so much CRAP from this site!!! Not once were we offered drugs...not one single time and yes it is a very poor country, but a beautiful one with kind people! It really makes you appreciate what we have! so people please do not not go to Jamacia because of what you "hear" you will be missing a wonderful time. Just to let ya know we were hassled more in Cozumel for p.o.t. and shoping then in Jamacia. Comments welcome.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Kim

I agree with kooer. I had a great time in Jamaica and found the people warm and friendly. Yes, I was offered ganja in Jamaica but not pestered about it (even after making a purchase).<BR><BR>So, ya mon, go to Jamaica and enjoy a fun, tropical vacation.

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 12:52 AM
Paul Therault

I agree. You have to &quot;make&quot; Jamaica fun. The natives have a great sense of humor. Go planning to have a good time and you will.<BR><BR>There is no reason to be frightened of the natives.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 04:59 AM
DawnCt

We will be cruising the W.Carrib. on the Explorer next April, and Jamaica presents a real dilemma for me. We have climbed Dunn's River Falls,(more than twice) did the Fern Gully tour with Peat Taylor, who I highly recommend but I am at the &quot;been there,done that point&quot; with shopping and the falls. Any other good suggestions on how to spend the day in Jamaica (Ocho Rios) with my husband and two teenage boys?

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 05:16 AM
Barbara

Last cruise there were some teenagers that went horseback riding on the beach. They said it was great.

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 05:29 AM
cruznut6

Try the bicycle tour! It gets you away from the tourist trap areas and is VERY challenging! The tour ends at Dunn's River Falls, but you can skip the &quot;climb up&quot; and take the steps if you want. We had a great time!<BR><BR>Regards...Bob