Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

The Reefs, Cambridge Beaches or Pompano Beach Club.......

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Ike
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need some help. My wife loves the beach and likes a room close so she can hear the waves..she likes to open the doors at night and listen to the waves. I have looked at all three websites and believe The Reefs would be my best choice. I don't know much about the rooms but we like a large room with a very nice bathroom too........

Of course food is important but we will probably be dining around at other places as well. We were in Bermuda before but we stayed at both Princess Hotels........

Thanks for any good advice. Golf or Tennis is not important but my wife likes the Spa and The Reefs has a very good one.

I see Travel and Leisure has The Reefs rated in their top 25 best in the Caribbean......
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 01:03 PM

All three are first class properties. I personally like Cambridge Beaches the best. Many of the cottages are situated so that you can hear the waves, the spa is first rate and the restaurant is excellent. Pompano and the Reefs have their champions on this board as well, but I do not think either has an on site spa.
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 04:29 PM
sp

Pompano does have a spa and everything you are looking for. Their oceanfront is incomparable. It is like an enormous swimming pool - is waist-deep for a few hundred yards out, crystal- clear and calm. Everything else is fantastic, from their very friendly service, rooms and dining. Pompano is a very romantic resort and the location is simply breathtaking.
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 04:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Have stayed at the Reefs twice, you will love it!!
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 05:47 PM

I apologize for the error about Pompano's spa. I see from the website that one opened there in March 2004. I was unaware of it.
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 06:24 PM

If you want hear the waves, get one of the ocean front rooms at Pompano. If you can get the right room, Cambridge Beaches would be my second choice. Reefs would be third as you might end up with a room so far from the water, you wouldn't hear the ocean. Loved dining at Pompano and Cambridge Beaches. Did not have a good experience at the Reefs. Perhaps it was an off night. Also, the spas are excellent at Pompano and Cambridge Beaches. Don't know about the spa at the Reefs.