Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bermuda - Cambridge Beaches v. Pompano Beach Club

For a few days over New Year.How do these properties compare? thanks
Old Sep 18th, 2008, 02:13 PM

I have stayed in a one bedroom suite at Pompano (last December) and very much enjoyed my visit. The food was good, but not spectacular. The rooms were large, comfortable and well furnished. I found the spa to be a bit too small and offering only a few services in two rooms. I ended up going over to Cambridge Beaches for spa services, very nice and very charming. I toured the rooms and they are lovely. The food on all of my visits has been very good. Biggest difference, Cambridge is way more expensive and remote than Pompano. From Pompano I had no difficulty reaching the ferry or bus (I ride the mopeds, but only during the day). Both properties decorate in a very nice way for the holidays. Pompano has the more casual, family feel.
I hope that helps. Either one will be a lovely place to spend the New Year!
Old Sep 18th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Original Poster

thanks, that's helpful. there is an enormous price difference and we need 2 rooms but we really like nice hotels so I'm mostly trying to reassure myself that we'll be comfortable at the Pompano. We can book 2 ocean front rooms for about 75% of the cost at Cambridge Beaches, plus CB has a $165/person New Year's Eve surcharge. The spa looks a little funky, I didn't think of going elsewhere for a spa day but it's a good idea.
Old Sep 19th, 2008, 03:32 AM

I think you would be quite comfortable at Pompano. I love the views and the property is very well maintained. I did day spa visits to both the Reefs and Cambridge Beaches. I definitely preferred Cambridge Beaches. I had several good treatments there. If you book a treatment you have access to the pool and general spa area for relaxation before and after your treatments. The aesthetician I had was Samatha and I highly recommend her. You can also have lunch while you are there.
Enjoy your visit. Bermuda is truly another world.
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 05:15 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, we're booked at Pompano.
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 01:07 PM

You can't go wrong with Pompano.
The views are spectacular and the service is excellent. The beach is small but the water is an amazing shade of blue and very calm.
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Original Poster

We're back from New Year's at the Pompano and wanted to say thanks, it was perfect. As advertised, the service is extraordinary. There was an unexpected taxi waiting for us at the airport, service was generous and friendly, nothing seemed like a problem and we felt personally attended to. We booked the deluxe rooms and they were very comfortable, great bathrooms, spectacular views. We did dine around at the Reefs, spiffier decor and a little more elegant, better food, much more expensive wine list. We took a tour of the rooms and the standard rooms were much smaller than Pompano with small bathrooms, suites were equivalent to deluxe Pompano rooms and lovely. We got the sense that the service there would be equally accomodating. We never got to Cambridge Beaches.
In any event, we had a great break, very glad we didn't spend more than we needed to, so thanks for excellent advice.
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 09:18 AM

Glad you had a great time at Pompano.