Search

Which Sandals resort?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26th, 2004, 09:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Sandals resort?

My husband and I have 4 free nights at Sandals. We were thinking of the Royal Bahamian just b/c it is close to New York and the airport. Are there any other of the Sandals that you recommend instead? We were at the St. Lucian Grande last year.
Thanks. Any feedback appreciated.
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 11:19 AM

We think that Sandals Antigua is the best of all of them. It's a little further to go, but we liked it better than the Bahama's.
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 02:53 PM

I HAVE BEEN TO PRETTY MUCH ALL OF THE SANDALS RESORTS IF YOU EMAIL ME WITH WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MAYBE I CAN HELP. NO, IM NOT A TRAVEL AGENT JUST A SANDALS LOVER!
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 02:55 PM

[email protected] (Kim)
Old Oct 27th, 2004, 08:54 AM

Kimberly, I'd be curious to know the various things you love about Sandals Antigua that make it stand out from the other ones in the chain. It's actually the only one I've ever visited (a friend was married there).
Old Oct 27th, 2004, 08:56 AM

Oops, looks like I should've addressed my question to Knowing instead of to Kimberly. My apologies...
Old Oct 27th, 2004, 10:11 AM

Hi gorilla, noticed your post from last year in reference to recommendations for Sandals Grande or Anse Chastenet.

Just curious, what the 4 free nights at Sandals is from? Was your trip, affected by the hurricane, or other problems, by any chance?

How was your Sandals Grande trip? The Sandals Grande is one of their better resorts, by the way. For most, this comes from the Sandals regulars and TA's that have been to many or most of the Sandals resorts. Most seem to come back and just RAVE about the Sandals Grande, in comparison to the other resorts.

I would also recommend reading many reports on the various Sandals on tripadvisor. all of their resorts, are complete hit or miss... for guests, including returnees.

Pick carefully.

Donna

Old Oct 28th, 2004, 08:36 AM

Hi ej,
We liked the pool area the best. In the Bahama's there literally were NO chairs unless you were out at 6am to put your towels down. Even in February we found it cold. And we weren't impressed with St. Lucia's pool area either. Antigua has a smaller feeling than the others. We found it to be more romantic. The food in the Bahama's and St. Lucia was not good. Jamaica's was the best, but we liked Antigua's and their themes. We also liked Antigua as a destination.