Best Sandals in the Caribbean?

Jan 5th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Original Poster

Best Sandals in the Caribbean?

Best food, best rooms, best staff, best line up of activities..your opinion?
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:58 AM

We have chatted before on this subject...best bangforthe buck is staying at one that has others close by so you can get the feel of more then one resort. So on that note here is your options...Sandals Dunns River,then you can visit Sandals OR Grand and have full exchange privilages at both resorts, Sandals Royal Caribbean which has exchange privilages with Sandals MB or Sandals Inn, Sandals La Toc (Regency)in St.Lucia and Sandals Grande. I think for your first stay this is the way to go to get the most for your money.Personally our favorite is Sandals Negril which we will be staying at in Feb for 2 weeks (our 4th time there)with Sandals Regency a close second.
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Original Poster

Yes Kimberley...my daughter was to email you but she has not been around long enough during the holidays to do so. They are now thinking Sandals Whitehouse..now, have you stayed there before? Her travel agent is recommending SOR though. Have you been to Whitehouse and, if so, do you know the difference between the rooms and a suite? Thanks, again, Annemarie
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:26 PM

Yes we have been to Sandals Whitehouseand loved itwe stayed 2 weeks there the year they opened. All the rooms at this resort are ocean view rooms. We were in the Dutch village and loved it. This resort has great pools and very good food and a nice pastry, coffee and ice cream shop. We were in a premium room had a fully stocked bar. I would not spend the extra cash for an upgrade at this resort,the rooms are all oceanview.
We have also been to Sandals OR. The beach at this resort is small so we ventured over to Dunns River just about everyday for there beach. The pool on the hill is the best pool.We had a Private Villa at this Resort with our own private pool...which was super. Food at OR was very good and staff was great.Plus youhave exchangerights with Dunns River. If you email me I can call you or you can call me and I can give you the best help and info with you choice....and NO Im not a travel Agent just a Sandals lover!!!!
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Original Poster

Okay, Kimberley..well it is totally done..they have booked at Sandals Whitehouse. I thank you so much for your helpful and speedy responses...Take care!
Jan 9th, 2008, 08:36 AM

Great choice they will have a ball. Happy Travels.
Jan 9th, 2008, 01:45 PM

Our favorite so far is Dunns River - a nice small resort. Excellent.