Recommendations for All-Inclusive in Caribbean

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are two adults in mid-40's looking for an excellent all-inclusive property in the Caribbean. We would like a great property with good food and somethign to do in the evenings. Any recommendations? I would prefer adults only. Cost is not a major factor. Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 12th, 2005, 03:24 PM

Try SuperClub or Sandals resort in Jamaica. SuperClub Grand Lido's have some of the best all adult all inclusive resorts properties and have wonderful food and great even entertainment.
Old Aug 12th, 2005, 04:31 PM

Jamaica is full of AI's. We stayed at Sandals MoBay there. We enjoyed it. Lots of watersports. It was a great opportunity to learn new things, i.e. how to sail, although instruction is not very detailed. Great beach.
Old Aug 13th, 2005, 09:28 AM

I would recommend Sandals as well. My husband and I were married and honeymooned at Sandals Antiqua. It was wonderful. A first class experiences. I've talked to other people who have stayed at different Sandals Resorts in Jamaica and they said the same about them.
Old Aug 13th, 2005, 10:41 AM

We have been almost all of the Sandals properties and I think you would love Sandals Whitehouse. The pools are super the grounds and beach are large, the restaurants are very good and alot of them to choose from. If you have any ?'s feel free to email me at [email protected] and we are in our 40's also....
Old Aug 15th, 2005, 10:37 AM

Since "we" can be taken in many contexts - Sandals is available only to male/female couples. Do not necessarily have to be married, but 2 same-sex friends traveling together in any circumstances would not be welcome.

Would second the recommendation for SuperClubs - they have adults only properties all over the Caribbean.
Old Aug 15th, 2005, 03:01 PM

For the record, Sandal's does allow same sex couples as of the last year or so. We saw a few during our stay in '04.
Old Aug 15th, 2005, 04:11 PM

Yep, it's true. Although I personally wouldn't recommend the Sandals chain, they do admit same-sex twosomes now.

Do keep in mind that AIs and fine are often, but not always, mutually exlusive. The best AIs will offer a better variety and standard of food, but you will also be paying out the nose for them. Since cost is "not a major factor" for you, this shouldn't be a problem. Take a look at Royal Hideaway on the Mexican Riviera, Jumby Bay off of Antigua, Galley Bay on Antigua. Parrot Cay would probably be lacking in nighttime entertainment, an AI plan at Four Seasons Nevis would net you a few kids, but they are two upscale places with AI or FAP meal plans that might otherwise fit your needs.
Old Aug 16th, 2005, 07:26 AM

Also check out Curtain Bluff in Antigua. It's the only All inclusive I've ever really enjoyed. The food is incredible. However, there isn't much to do at night at the resort, but a taxi ride into town isn't that much and there are lots of nightclubs.

Teresa
Old Aug 17th, 2005, 08:46 AM

I can recommend Royal Hideaway in Playa del Carmen Mexico as well. My husband and I were there for our honeymoon and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thought that it was pretty upscale for an all inclusive. We are going to Couples Negril in three days. Will comment on that when I get back!