Search

Which room at the Water Club San Juan??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 09:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which room at the Water Club San Juan??

Hi,

Can anyone recommend the best room there for the price?? Is oceanview or oceanfront worth the extra cash?? This place is expensive!!

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 11:35 AM

We stayed at the Water Club a few weeks ago when we missed our connection in San Juan, and just got a regular (no water view) room for $179. The room was stylish and attractive, a little on the small size, but certainly adequate, immaculately clean and very comfortable. We had a bay window with a city view, and while I might have liked an ocean view, it was fine. For our purposes -- a place to sleep before catching a flight -- it was great (especially since there were no other hotel rooms to be had, due to hundreds of stranded passengers from flights cancelled as a result of the volcanic eruption in Montserrat).
Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the help.. But I'm looking to go in January and they're asking $289 for a regular, no view room, per night!! Did you go through a booking site to get the rate??

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 10:10 AM

No, I didn't use a booking site. Because of a missed connection, and no alternate flight til the next morning, I parked myself at a pay phone at the airport with a list of hotels and started calling. The first one with a room -- regardless of cost! -- was the winner. No advance purchase (unless 20 minutes counts as "advance&quot, needless to say. I was pleasantly surprised with the rate, but you are correct: July is a different ballgame than January.
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 02:03 PM

Check the Water Club's own website, and compare with Expedia, etc. You should definitely be able to get a room for under $200. This place, while cute, is not worth more. I also really like the Wyndham El San Juan, which is right near the Water Cub. They have more amenities (pools, poolside massage, etc), and you can usually find a room for less than $200/night (ours was $185 and had a balcony). Water Club is good for the nightlife (the rooftop bar is not to be missed).