which island for next vaction

Old Jul 15th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
which island for next vaction

I need some help. Just returned from Cabo and have been to Cancun and most of Caribbean but next year, I want to go to or back to the island with best sand, clearest calmest water for swimming with good dining options adn nice hotels. From reading forums,it looks like it Anguilla or Caymans. I want to float in the water all day or lie on the beach..Please be honest.
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 10:23 AM

Anguilla, Turks and Caicos, and Out Islands of Bahamas (Exumas Eleuthera, Harbor Island) are your best bets.
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 11:17 AM

I absolutely agree with Blamona. Have been to Anguilla, Provo Turks and Caicos and Great Exuma over 20 times each and love them all. Dining on Exuma isn't as good as the other two where there are some top notch restaurants. Caymans is really touristy with cruise ships. Try a HowardC search on this site for trip reports etc.
Old Jul 16th, 2007, 08:24 AM

most agree that Grace bay on T&C hands down offers the prettiest, clearest water in the caribbean but also consider Grand Cayman & Aruba.
both have wide white sand beaches and nice turquoise water & excellent dining options at night.
beaches in Aruba have a deeper shade of turqoise and the water is not as clear as you will find in T&C BUT provide more shade( palm trees )and are litter AND seaweed free plus the water tends to be somewhat calmer for swimming than T&C.
Old Jul 16th, 2007, 08:31 AM

For great beaches, clear, warm ocean and wide range of fantastic restaurants, Anguilla has the edge over T&C and the Out Islands of Bahamas. Aruba is not in the same category as the other 3.
Old Jul 16th, 2007, 08:42 AM

totally agree with beachykeen about Aruba beaches not being as nice as the others BUT Palm beach Aruba will still offer calmer water than the others and the sand is as clean & white as you will find plus there is much more going on as far as night activities.
Old Jul 16th, 2007, 10:05 AM

Your description of what you are looking for makes it simple. Anguilla all the way. I've never seen a more beautiful place EVER! Once you go you just won't be able to stay away. We've been all over the Caribbean as well, but once we found Anguilla we can't bring ourselves to go anywhere else. Check out the Cuisinart resort. It's the ultimate!
Old Jul 16th, 2007, 05:49 PM

I have to agree with Anguillagirl(although I prefer Cap Juluca). I've been to many islands and planned to go to all, but after Anguilla, nothing else compares. I've been to Aruba before and after my first visit to AXA. I've found that Aruba is a divisive issue-people either love it or hate it, there is no middle ground. It definitely has more nightlife than AXA, but the beaches, hotels, restaurants and people of AXA are in a totally different category than Aruba. The nightlife on Barbados and San Juan, PR and are better than Aruba.
Old Jul 18th, 2007, 04:04 PM
jgarvey

Don't pass over a look at the BVIs. We find them less touristy but still providing all of the major pluses of a Caribbean Vacation.

Old Jul 18th, 2007, 06:44 PM

I agree....love the BVI's. Have you ever thought of a bareboat vacation with a captain? Great vacation!