ANGUILLA / BARBUDA

Old Jun 20th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ANGUILLA / BARBUDA

ALL I HEAR IS SO SO BEACHES, LOTSA BUGS, SPRAYING EVERY DAY, MOSQUITOS, NETS IN ALL ROOMS, AND NO A/C IN MOST PLACES. I.M SPOILED FROM ANGUILLA, TURKS AND ARUBA.
SHOULD I NOT WASTE MY TIME TRYING THESE TWO ?????? WHAT DO YOU THINK ??

RICK
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 11:37 AM

I assume you mean Antigua and Barbuda? I have never been to either. i hear the beaches are okay but they won't compare to the others you mentioned.
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 12:13 PM

a family member just returned from Antigua and while she enjoyed the island and the resort, the beaches aren't as nice as those on the islands of Aruba, T&C or Anguilla, plus she said there was lots of litter in downtown ST Johns.
Given the choice she would not go back to Antigua.
If you liked Aruba/Anguilla/Turks then I would definitely look into Grand Cayman over Antigua.
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 12:15 PM

Barbuda is a relatively sparsely populated island (less than 300 people) and has only two resorts and a guest house, if memory serves me correct. The beaches are quite long and obviously very uncrowded. The island is arid with little natural vegetation (like Anguilla) and can be quite breezy, the surf a bit rough and, yes, bugs can be a problem when conditions are "right".

Antigua (which I assume you mean rather than Anguilla which you imply you like) is a hilly, somewhat arid and boasts 365 beaches (some rather small). IMO the beaches are nice but not great. As Islands go, I'd give Antigua a C+, it is neither spectacular nor poor - just average.
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 07:47 PM

Rick,
The beaches are good, but not excellent, like GC's. We swam and went skiing and enjoyed the water. Bugs? I never saw, day or night. We had a luxurious room with no nets, just a comfortable bed where we slept with the A/C on every night. We found the island to be clean with friendly locals. We stayed at the Radisson in Aruba and although the beachfront was nicer than what we had in Antigua, in every other way it was step down. And we were told how "great" the Radisson and Aruba were. Antigua is more unique, more romantic and a better choice for those seeking more than the opportunity to just lay on a beach. Of course, if that's all you're looking for...