where to stay Barbados?

Feb 26th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Original Poster

where to stay Barbados?

does anyone have any suggestions as to where to stay in Barbados? Will be first time traveling there in late Sept.
Feb 26th, 2008, 06:34 PM

It depends on how near the action on the south coast you want to be, plus your budget, of course...But I really enjoyed my stay at Cobblers Cove on the west coast, up near Speightstown, which I won on SkyAuction.com a few years ago. It's a small resort with a very good restaurant set on a lovely beach that was never very crowded.

Other folks on this board rave about the Bouganvillea for those somewhat on a budget and the Coral Reef Club for those who want a sense of luxury.
Feb 26th, 2008, 07:36 PM

We had a tough time deciding where to stay for our first trip to Barbados this past January '08. After much research, we were thrilled with our decision.

The first three nights were great at The Crane, which provided a secluded and scenic atmosphere. We found the beach to be amazing and the accomodations just as welcoming. A nice upscale choice to start the trip. Construction was virtually unnoticeable. Great choice for couples but families seemed to have a good time as well.

We then moved West to the Southern Palms in The Gap. This was a fun place and fit our needs for the second part of the trip. The accomodations are very laid back when compared to The Crane, and within walking distance of the local nightlife. Do not expect "luxury" if you stay at Southern Palms, but it is very clean. Beach equipment available for free checkout here and sea turtles swimming within 15 feet of the beach. If any little children travelling, the Southern Palms may be more fun for them.

Please post any other questions. Happy to help out!
Feb 27th, 2008, 03:37 AM

Totally agree with Fish. Southern Palms is great. I would totally stay there again. The beach is fantastic, food good, and easy walking distance to the Gap restaurants.

I also love the Crane beach although have not stayed there. We have had lunch and hung out all day. The waves at the Crane are fantastic! My next trip to Barbados we want to stay at the Crane.

We love the south coast because of the waves.

Peace, Greenie
Feb 27th, 2008, 05:32 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the recommendations. We are on some what of a strict budget, we would like to not spend much more than $2500 to $3000, and this may or may not have to include airfare. Any of these two resorts all inclusive, or is the food and drinks on the island reasonable.
Feb 28th, 2008, 05:12 AM

Check out the "best of barbados" program. That usually includes breakfast daily and an airfare discount.

Here's a link to the 2008 program.

http://www.visitbarbados.org/visitin...promotion.aspx

Peace, Greenie
Mar 3rd, 2008, 05:05 PM

We stayed at the Tamarind Cove in 11/07 and we really liked the resort. The cab rides were a little pricey though to go to the Gap area.