where to go for 1st anniversary

Dec 28th, 2004, 09:11 AM
Original Poster

where to go for 1st anniversary

My husband and I are planning to go away for a week in mid-july for our 1st year anniversary... We love to simply relax and be pampered (we usually stay at 5 star resorts and we love the sun and sand. We have been to hawaii and jamaica several times and are looking for someplace new. Also, we can't go anywhere that has gambling.
We are looking into Las ventanas in cabos san lucas but are worried about it being too hot in July. I appreciate any suggestions.
Dec 28th, 2004, 06:03 PM

Try St.lucia very romantic and tropical island.
Dec 29th, 2004, 08:51 AM
GoTravel

It is going to be hot on any island resort in July.

Las Ventanas is incredible. One of the nicest resorts if not the nicest in North American. I'd stay there again with 150 degree weather.

Another thought in the US of that caliber would be Little Palm Island in the Florida Keys.

Dec 29th, 2004, 12:07 PM

I went to Cabo this past September and it was hot but not unbearable. We went to Las Ventanas and One and Only Palmilla to eat and look at the resort. Palmilla was undoubtedly the better choice. It was unbelievable, so gorgeous and I would go there over Las Ventanas any day.
Dec 29th, 2004, 04:52 PM

Four Seasons Nevis
Dec 30th, 2004, 06:29 AM

Please keep in mind that July is the early part of the hurricane season in the Caribbean. I believe Cabo San Lucas is a great choice (Westin Regina is wonderful). Or in the Caribbean, you may want to choose a location that is outside the hurricane belt - Aruba, Bonaire or Curacao, but Aruba and Curacao have gambling. I am not sure about Bonaire.
Dec 30th, 2004, 08:08 AM

Once again, I vote for St. Bart's...we usually go in July (hubby b-day) and the weather is hot but not too bad. You can rent a villa (our fav) for okay $, and the food it great!! The resorts get too pricey for me. I however, am in love with choc croissants, fr. bread and fr. wine. It is a totally laid back trip, no nightlife to speak of though.