Search

Where to go?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to go?

I would like to travel somewhere in the Caribbean after Christmas. I have been to Cuba twice and love their beaches, but I'd like to avoid an all inclusive. In fact, I'd like it as quiet as possible. Looking for a beach to read on, warm weather, and some decent food. I'm not averse to shopping and cooking my own food, so a home rental would suit as well. I'll be travelling with my two 20 year old children (who have no interest in a nightlife), and flying out of Toronto or Buffalo. Any suggestions?
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 02:47 AM

www.runawayhill.com

www.maho.org

2 nice places with super beaches that are my favs

Laid back non AI...

Happy Hunting!
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 04:57 AM

bahamas is a really iffy choice in jan/feb. air & water temps are to cool - would be mid 70's.
i think st. john would be a good option. caneel bay resort is super nice with 7 of it's own beaches. lots of rental houses available but few are beachfront so you'd have to rent a car/jeep & drive to beaches each day. easy flt for you to st. thomas then catch a ferry to st. john.
barbados might be another option for you. easy flt. large island so plenty to go see/do if you choose. good location include paynes, gibbs & mullins bay beaches. most villas on barbados come with staff so you won't have to clean or do the cooking unless you want to.
grand cayman is another island with lots of villa options. not staffed. look in the rum point/cayman kai area of the island. gc is not tropical looking like cuba, st. john or barbados, but has outstanding snorkeling.
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 05:10 AM
KVR

I agree with St. John or Grand Cayman. Turks and Caicos has one of the best beaches, but not sure about weather temps in Jan/Feb. Aruba would be a good choice. Nice beaches and great dining.
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 04:55 PM

Try flying into ST Thomas and going to Water Island.
Sherri
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 11:56 AM

Hey, hope you get a good place. If you come across any for St.Lucia and would like some feed back, i'm here to help.