Where to go?

Old Nov 29th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Original Poster

Where to go?

My friend & I are taking our moms on a trip with us for their xmas gifts. We are going in May & cant decide where to go. We want to go to some place in the caribbean or mexico. We are looking for an all inclusive preferable adults only resort. Some place that is not too expensive since we are paying for ourselves and our moms, but some place nice. We mainly just want to sit on the beach, relax, and read. But great snorkeling would be a plus. Also, we prefer a place that has a lot of culture.
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 04:33 PM

I would look at the Mayan Riviera in Mexico (fly into Cancun and head south). It has a loads of all-inclusive resorts to choose from.

The other place I know from your list is Jamaica. But it's no place I'd choose to take my Mom, quite honestly.
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 05:56 PM

t&c has Gorgeous beach & great snorkeling. ai's are club med, beaches & the new veranda. club med is adults only. really no culture or shopping. provo has some wonderful resorts that are not ai...and excellent dining.
grand cayman has good beach & great snorkeling. the only ai is the reef which is nice but away from everything else on the island. does have a couple small museum & art galleries.
some bahamas have good snorkel some do not not sure about ai's.
jamaica has lots of ai's and a very distinct island vibe. beaches are ok, not much snorkeling. plenty of things to do like visiting old plantations or distilleries. lots of music & art. lots of nightlife.

mexico would tick all your boxes. very nice beaches, very good snorkeling, ruins to tour, fun duty free shopping in playa del carman and tons of ai's in variety of price ranges.
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 05:56 PM

t&c has Gorgeous beach & great snorkeling. ai's are club med, beaches & the new veranda. club med is adults only. really no culture or shopping. provo has some wonderful resorts that are not ai...and excellent dining.
grand cayman has good beach & great snorkeling. the only ai is the reef which is nice but away from everything else on the island. does have a couple small museum & art galleries.
some bahamas have good snorkel some do not not sure about ai's.
jamaica has lots of ai's and a very distinct island vibe. beaches are ok, not much snorkeling. plenty of things to do like visiting old plantations or distilleries. lots of music & art. lots of nightlife.

mexico would tick all your boxes. very nice beaches, very good snorkeling, ruins to tour, fun duty free shopping in playa del carman and tons of ai's in variety of price ranges.
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 05:58 PM

hmmm. don't know what happened to make that post twice.