Blamona question - T&C with a baby

Old Nov 27th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Original Poster

Blamona question - T&C with a baby

Hello, we are planning to travel to Turks and Caicos in January for a week with our six month old baby. I was wondering if you have some insight into where would be a good place to stay with a small baby? We love the beach but of course will not be able to spend long periods of time out there with the little one, therefore we would like to be fairly close to the beaches although we do plan to rent a car. We thought Villa del Mar looked nice....? We also looked at a fairly new resort called La Vista Azul - I am having a hard time finding a lot of information/reviews on this place and was hoping that you could provide some info. Thank you very much!
Old Nov 28th, 2010, 07:54 AM

Hi, I am not the expert Blamona but I can tell you that I would choose a resort right on Grace Bay beach so you can easily go back and forth with the baby when it is time for naps, etc. and when you cannot have too much sun, you can still sit on your balcony with that gorgeous view! You have picked a great destination with a baby because most of the resorts on Grace Bay are condo resorts so you can have a separate room, kitchen facilities which is so handy with a little one. Royal West Indies, The Sands, Ocean Club resorts are all good mid-range resorts, there are also lots of higher end properties.
Old Nov 28th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Original Poster

Thank you! I definitely am leaning towards a beachfront room - like you said we will likely be spending a lot of time in our room so we should enjoy it as much as we can! So many resorts to choose from though... I have also been looking on the VRBO.com site for suites. Does anyone have an tips when booking through a site like that? Thanks again
Old Nov 28th, 2010, 04:18 PM

la vista azul is not beachfront. you'd probably need to drive.

look at www.thesandsresort.com it has large screened deck/patios for those times you're not on the beach, plus full kitchens so you can eat some meals in or have cocktails on your deck. on a good stretch of beach. has restaurant & pool. www.royalwestindies.com is another good option but decks are smaller with no screens. both resorts are used to families.
you should get good pricing through vrbo but i've never used it.
Old Nov 28th, 2010, 04:55 PM

First and foremost, T&C is excellent for families! the water is usually calm and crystal clear, and shallow for a while with no major drop offs.

With a baby, I would personally choose a resort on the beach, if not, all the hauling and back and forth can get old.

There are many excellent resorts with gorgeous rooms, baby friendly, some even with service on the beach and by the pool, less back and forth. Most have full service restaurants (nice for that emergency milk) and full kitchens (nice with babies!)

Without knowing your budget, can't really recommend, but Sands is always popular with families, and I personally love The Somerset and West Bay Club.

Vista Azul is not even close to a beach, especially with a baby. I have stayed at Villa Del mar, it is nice for the money, but again with a baby, you need to be ON Grace Bay Beach and have a restaurant.
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the advice!