Search

Where on Elbow Cay?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 06:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where on Elbow Cay?

I have decided on Elbow Cay for our family vacation (6 adults, 2 small children). I am looking for information on the different areas of the island (good beaches for swimming, surfing, proximity to restaurants, etc...) We are looking for a villa on the beach or within walking distance (with kids in tow). Any information you have would be most helpful!
Old Oct 24th, 2008, 07:54 AM

The best beach in my opinion for little kids is Tahiti (shallow for many many yards out). However, it is on the other end of the island from the center of town (hopetown) where you will find most of the restaurants/ferry/lighthouse. Not too familiar with villas on Elbow Cay but definately think that is the way to go with 6 adults and two kids.
Old Oct 29th, 2008, 04:15 PM

I've rented from Hopetown Hideaways a few times and have been happy with them. The island is small and it only takes about 20-30 minutes by golf cart to get from one end to the other. I prefer to be closer to Tahiti Beach - it is really beautiful.

If rent a house on the ocean side of the island, the surf can be pretty rough.

http://www.hopetown.com/
Old Oct 30th, 2008, 03:11 AM

You might also try www.abacovacations.com. I have used them before and they have quite a few houses on Elbow. There are a number on vrbo.com also.
Old Feb 12th, 2009, 09:54 AM

Also, try elbowcayrentals. Our house is on the ocean side, but it's great because we have the breeze. It's also good for surfers. The leeward side can be very still and hot and you don't have the sun burning a hole into your skull at sunset.

Best beaches: Tahiti, Hope Town Harbour Lodge, and Turtle Hill.

Be sure to rent a golf cart, juniorscartrentals and perhaps a boat.

Cracker P's is a fun restaurant with a wonderful view on Lubber's Quarters (fish dip is excellent) and Nipper's on Sunday for the freak show (will need boat or arrange through Froggie's dive shop).

Favorite restaurants are Hopetown Lodge and Abaco Inn.

Our place is on the sound end of the island. Quiet, but near Sea Spray Marina (restaurant, pool, tiki bar). Island is only 6 miles long, so very easy to travel from one end to the other.

People are great. No crime (other than vacationers....wink)

Old Feb 12th, 2009, 05:50 PM

Just curious what size house that is and name if it rents- I like that area so I am always on the lookout! Thanks.