Notices

Where is the most romantic resort?

Old Aug 10th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where is the most romantic resort?

In your opinion, and it can be anywhere or any price range. Where is the most romantic resort and why do you find it so romantic.
Old Aug 10th, 2007, 12:07 PM

Caneel Bay, St. John, USVI - hands down!!!
http://www.caneelbay.com/

If you are looking for romance and relaxation - this is it!!!

You are treated like royalty. The breakfast buffet is amazing and the restaurants are great. Our favorite is the Equator which overlooks St. Thomas. It is an open air restaurant and wonderful food.

I have been traveling to St. John since I was little (we always stayed in a condo at Gallows Point), but for my Honeymoon I really wanted to stay at Caneel Bay.

In fact, my husband and I agree that if we could afford that trip yearly - we would do it.

There are no tv's or phones in the room, just a warning. But you are never in your room, so you won't even notice.

It is fun to rent a jeep and drive around the island yourself. We did an all inclusive package, so this was included for us.

A trip to the BVI is fun (you will need a passport for this). You can snorkel at The Baths and it is a fun day trip.

Of course, you can take the ferry over to St. Thomas for the day as well. I don't like St. Thomas (never have) more commercialized and crime. Fun to go for a 1/2 day if you have never been, but wouldn't spend much time there.

Explore beaches off the beaten path on St. John. We went to Cinnamon Bay and were the only people on the beach and there were tons of turtles to snorkel with!!!

I can go on and on, but won't bore you. You can check out the website and see for yourself. Of course, you can never go wrong with a Rosewood property.

All of the staff knew our names (I still don't know how) and were SO nice.

Good Luck!!!
Old Aug 11th, 2007, 04:51 AM

For me, a romantic resort must be one that is couples only or adults only. I do not care for being around little kids and their parents when on vacation. Nor do I like a spring break atmosphere.

Check out Jamaica Inn for a special experience. Also, Royal Plantation. In Negril, the Caves is amazing.

Ladera in St. Lucia is also a special place on a very small scale.

Old Aug 11th, 2007, 05:39 AM

You might want to consider Parrot Caye in the T&C but the warm weather is asssurred from March-June without much rain at all. It is expensive but a real boutique resort.
Old Aug 11th, 2007, 07:02 AM

Most romantics:

Parrot Cay Turks and Caicos
Cap Jaluca Anguilla
Caneel Bay St. John
Little Dix Bay Virgin Gorda
Pink Sands Harbor Island Bahamas
Jumby Bay Antigua
Peter Island VI
Turks and Caicos Club T&C

All above offer seclusion and rommance on gorgeous beaches.

Anguilla and T&C have incredible restaurants on gorgeous settings, with Anguilla have the best restaurants in Caribbean.

turks and Caicos has the best rommantic excursions-sunset catamaran cruises, and secluded beach drop off with food, drinks and umbrellas and lounge chairs-you tell them when to come get you=on stunning beaches.
Old Aug 12th, 2007, 03:54 PM
GerdaFaust

And, of course, there's always Biras Creek on Virgin Gorda!

Old Aug 12th, 2007, 04:20 PM

Jamaica Inn, Ocho Rios, JA
- Dinner and dancing under the stars, no children that I saw, peace and quiet on your own private beach, very laid back, private verandas for each room, excellent food and very friendly staff.

The One & Only Ocean Club - Paradise Island, Nassau Bahamas
- Beautiful, elegant property away from the hassles of Atlantis, Quiet, Excellent pool and pool houses, georgeous rooms and bathrooms, private beach with wait staff on beach. Wonderful food, a spa to die for with excellent healthy treatments, breath-taking - I cried when I had to leave.
Old Aug 13th, 2007, 11:16 AM

I have to say it's Anguilla. Just a walk on the beach is romantic there. We always stay at Cuisinart. It's very romantic. You can have breakfast on your patio each morning while taking in the gorgeous white sand and clear blue water. The restaurants on the island are second to none. Many different candlelight dinners to choose from. With Anguilla you just can't go wrong. We have stopped going to any other island. Anguilla is our home!!!
Old Aug 13th, 2007, 11:39 AM

St Barts!

It is French after all, and they invented romance

I recommend a sunset cruise followed by cocktails at the Carl Gustav.

No disrespect to Anguilla (which is nice), but they don't have the same range of choice in restaurants.
Old Aug 13th, 2007, 03:14 PM

Check out Mustique. Rent a villa with a cook and maid. Sit on one of the many beaches completely alone. Arrange to have a picnic lunch (with silverware, tablecloths and wine) delivered to the beach. Light candles at night.
Old Aug 13th, 2007, 05:36 PM

The Caves in Negril, Jamaica....hands down over the One and Only Ocean Club Bahamas and over Peter Island. The resort screams romance with a cave dinner one night and a jacuzzi tub on another night. Dinner under the stars, amazing sexy rooms. The place is really a gem and different than any other nice resort I've been to.