Where did my turquoise colored water post go?

Sep 19th, 2002, 03:22 PM
Gramma Louise

Where did my turquoise colored water post go?

...probably the same place I left my last pair of glasses. Anyhoo, it's gone. So here goes again:

I need help in finding a suitable vacation spot in the Carribean because I promised my 10 year-old grand-daughter a beach vacation in early January. Her request was for a beach with "turquoise colored water". Any suggestions?

If I remember correctly the responses that had been posted yesterday, Playa del Carmen was suggested and Destin Fla was rejected.

Sep 19th, 2002, 03:31 PM
dmotl

visit isla-mujeres.net
Norte beach is world class and kid friendly.
IM is located 10 miles off Cancun
Safe and easy on the wallet.

Sep 19th, 2002, 07:22 PM
Barbara

Anguilla and Harbour Island in the Bahamas

Sep 19th, 2002, 10:31 PM
tweedy

Gramma Louise:

I would agree with Barbara that Harbour Island in the Bahamas would be a great suggestion.

Fly into N. Eleuthera and you will see the colours of the water change from the deep blue of the Atlantis to the aqua and emerald waters you are looking for.

The other option would be to take the ferry from Nassau which is also a fun trip.

Staying at Coral Sands, which is right on the water, has a nice pool area, beach bar/restaurant and great food.

A MUST for your trip is a burger at Ma Ruby's and your Granddaughter will be in heaven.

Coral Sands is also a family resort so she would be able to find some friends to hang out with and enjoy her time there even more.

The island is also very safe, so she can have a little time on her own and you won't have to worry.

Have a great trip.

tweedy

Sep 20th, 2002, 05:49 AM
Kristen

Definitely Aruba.

Sep 20th, 2002, 05:58 AM
pam

PDC. Maybe an AL if she wants to participate in activities they will be there. She would probably get a kick out an AL with activities. If there are no other children coming 3 days of the turquoise water may be enough. At an Al other things to occupy her. Cozumel, Punta Cana, Mexico, Aruba, all would be nice.

Sep 20th, 2002, 03:42 PM
Gramma Louise

Thank you all for your replies to this post and to the previous one. Well, the decision has been taken: we are headed to an AI in Cayo Largo!