Reload this Page >

Where are the Best Beaches In Aruba???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 03:31 PM
Jason

I am trying to plan a honeymoon for June 2003 and have hit a wall. I have never been to Aruba nor do I know many people personally that have. My fiance's only request is that wherever we go has a large, spacious beach that isn't too crowded with people constantly passing within a few feet of you as you relax. I am hoping that someone out there could give me some insight into what area in Aruba has the most spacious beaches. I've heard that Palm Beach is crowded but is it too crowded? That area seems to be ideal for us otherwise. <BR><BR>Thanks for your help!

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 03:44 PM
Dave

In truth, Jason, your question is a bit moot.<BR>You're probably going to spend most of your beach time in front of your hotel or condo. True, you can drive to other beaches, but that's too much of a hassle, and if it's your honeymoon, you'll want convenience to be at a maximum.<BR><BR>Thus, the best question to ask is, &quot;which hotel or condo has the best beach in front of it?&quot;.<BR><BR>IMO the best hotel on the island is the Hyatt. Its beach is good, and was never overly crowded...nothing like Waikiki, for instance. Plus, the pool area there is very nice, and provides a respite from the wind and blowing sand (when that gets to be a problem).

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 04:00 PM
Jane

Without a doubt, the Bucuti Beach Resort has the best beach on the island. It is a &quot;low-rise&quot; resort, so you won't have to worry with the crowds that you will see on the &quot;high-rise&quot; beaches. There is no comparison to the size of the beach in front of the larger resorts. We checked out some of the larger resorts during our stay and couldn't believe how narrow the beach was there. <BR><BR>There are only 63 rooms at the Bucuti and the service is outstanding. They serve drinks and food on the beach and have a beachfront bar and restaurant. We spent 7 nights there in September and loved every minute of it. The rooms are somewhat basic, but very clean and all have large balconies and the price was very reasonable. I'm sure you can find nicer rooms at some of the larger resorts, but the last thing we were there for was to hang out in a hotel room! Check out their website here: www.bucuti.com<BR><BR>Also, we got a great hotel rate from MCM Tours. You may want to check their prices before booking directly with any hotel you select. We were very pleased with them. <BR><BR>Congratulations and have a great time in Aruba! It is an amazing place! <BR><BR>

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 05:00 PM
Sue

If you are looking for a large beach area and no crowds, avoid the Hyatt. I have to agree with Jane as it is a better choice for what you are looking for. You can also try the Marriott as it is the last resort in the area of the high rises and is less crowded than being in the middle. In addition, in the evenings, you can enjoy the bar and Smiply Fish which are located on the beach and there are lounge chairs along the water so yopu can lay back and enjoy the gentleman playing the keyboard. Makes for a romantic evening with mild entertainment. Love the waters edge at nite...

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 08:00 PM
Ken

Hey Jane...it's their honeymoon.<BR>I would bet that the quality of the room will make more than a minimal difference to them. They won't be on the beach 98% of the time.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 03:19 AM
sue

Ken Maybe you should read Jason's post again, &quot;a large spacious beach&quot;. Why go to the Islands primarly for the rooms. Furthermore, the rooms, the beach, and the zero clearance pools at the Raddison are IMO superior to the Hyatt. The grounds are spacious and they do not cater to children. In addition, the beach area in close proximity to the Bucuti Resort is by far the most vast.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 04:23 AM
Amy

I have to agree that you have described the Bucuti. Bucuti is not fancy but does have a nice European flair and the service is excellent. The beach is huge and you will have a lot of privacy. Contact Travel Unlimited http://www.travelunlimited.com or 1-800-228-1502 as they specialize in Aruba and visit often so they can make very knowledgeable recommendations from things to do to where to dine plus we found their rates and service were excellent. They helped to make our honeymoon so very special. Best wishes!

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 05:10 AM
cdt

As the previous posts suggest, it's a matter of taste. The most spacious, uncrowded beach is in front of the Bucuti, the Manchebo (just S of Bucuti and more downscale), and Costa Linda (condos just N of Bucuti). Then there is a beautiful undeveloped stretch of beach for about a mile north until you come to La Cabana.<BR><BR>(And don't even think about La Cabana for a honeymoon!).<BR><BR>On the other hand, the Radisson, Hyatt and Marriott are all much bigger, fancier, and maybe &quot;nicer&quot; hotels (depending on your taste) than the Bucuti. They also have much bigger pools. The pool at the Bucuti is pretty basic, but it is being shared by far fewer people.<BR><BR>While Palm Beach is more crowded than Eagle Beach, it's nothing like Fort Lauderdale in March or the Jersey Shore in July.<BR><BR>Personally I'd opt for the more spacious beach, but you don't want to spend your vacation feeling jealous of all those people staying in more luxurious hotels.<BR><BR>One other beach you should visit, although there are no hotels on it (yet), is Baby Beach on the SE corner of the island. Calmer, clearer water than in the resort area, and good snorkeling.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 06:03 AM
missj

We stayed at the Bucuti for a week last April. Yes, the rooms were basic but oh that beach!This part of the island is favored by the European travelers (so you will see topless sunbathing.) We visited a few of the highrise resorts at night for cocktails and the grounds were amazing, with waterfalles, plants, etc .The crowds were amazing too. Even some conventioneers. The fact is, we were able to keep our room cost down at the Bucuti, and yet enjoy some of the features of the high rises, like their lounges and restaurants.Speaking of which - try to make a reservation for sunset dinner at the Flying Fishbone.The tables are on the beach - yes literally on the sand. Most romantic spot anywhere.

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 01:02 PM
Sue W

Jason,<BR><BR>I tried to email you a couple pictures of the beach in front of Bucuti beach but apparently your email listed above is incorrect. If interest, please leave a correctly address or a way to send these to you.

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 01:09 PM
x

I thought the Radisson beach was fabulous!

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 11:45 AM
Johnny Boy

We spent a week this past June in Aruba and by far our favorite part of the trip was the beach at Renaissance Island.<BR><BR>After taking the water taxi to the private island we would go to the &quot;adult beach&quot; and never had more than a handful of people at the beach. Servers were prompt but not all over us. We also had a day at the Honeymoon Cove. Awesome - private cabana with a personal server.<BR><BR>We also spent time at Baby Beach, Eagle Beach and Palm Beach. All were very nice but by far for us the private beach at Renaissance Island was &quot;best&quot;.

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Drew

I agree with others.<BR>Stayed at Manchebo (close to Bucuti), which is right on the beach, nothing fancy at all, BUT, the beachw as unbelieveable, and NO people....gorgeous