When is the best time for Atlantis???

Aug 24th, 2002, 07:22 AM
Joan

When is the best time for Atlantis???

When is the best time to go to Atlantis?
Please no Atlantis bashing.... Our last visit was so horrible (room, service, food, etc..). We went during a busy time and it was the worst vacation we ever had. After returning home I wrote a letter stating our disappointment and the problems we encountered during our 4 day stay, and not only did we receive a full refund for our entire trip (minus airfare) but we were given a free 5 day 4 night stay with upgraded VIP treatment! We can use it until 12/03. It was very nice of Sun Int'l to be so very generous. I was so surprised that they actually listened and investigated the situations listed in my letter. Since that was our first time to Atlantis, we do not know the "seasons" there. Can anyone tell us the best time to go for peace and quiet and less crowds?? We do not have any children so we can go anytime. Thanks

Aug 24th, 2002, 07:54 AM
colin

September and october are the slowest months of the year.Also just before Christmas.The drawback to coming at slow times is that not all the restaurants are open every day.Also sept.19-22 there is a golf tournament hosted by Michael Jordan and it is expected to very busy that weekend.Occupancy tends to be lower monday thru thursday and higher on weekends.

Aug 24th, 2002, 09:41 PM
Bev

I won't bash Atlantis, but since you're on a winning streak with Sun Int'l, why not see if you can't arrange for a night or two at the Ocean Club?
The OC is everything Atlantis wishes it could be as far as the hotel itself goes.
OC is a wonderful, memorable getaway destination. I'll keep quiet about Atlantis.

Aug 25th, 2002, 04:19 AM
ellen

Thank You Bev, that's a great idea! I hope that can be done. Quite frankly, we are not too crazy about Atlantis but a free trip is a free trip! If not maybe we can sell it on E-Bay!

Aug 25th, 2002, 07:40 AM
lia

What if you go back for your free trip and it's just as bad as the first time? Life is too short for that. Give the trip away to a young couple or family that can't afford to go anywhere. They would be thrilled. Maybe you can find someone through your church/synagogue/mosque/temple that could use the trip. Just a suggestion, not trying to preach. I have never been to Atlantis, but I generally don't like gimmicky places.