Search

What to do in the rain

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do in the rain

My family is heading for Provo this Friday. It looks like there is a lot of rain in the forecast. Any ideas for something to do with 4 & 8 yr. old boys if it's not beach weather?
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 10:11 AM

Forecasts always predict rain but the reality is the island gets very little. Don't fret you are apt to see a lot more sun than clouds.
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks - That makes me feel so much better as I was just looking at all of the days that have a 60% chance of rain.
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 02:57 PM

Don't worry....those reports are never right!! I remember one time when I was traveling to Cancun in late November, before we left in the wee early hours of the morning - I looked at the on-line forcast and it said it 50 degrees in Cancun!! I was beside myself!! Lickily when we got there - it was no where near that temp! By 11am it was already hot and humid!!

Have fun and post a report when you return! I'll be in Provo in 24 days!!
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 05:38 AM

Well, unfortunately those reports are right sometimes, as I found out a couple of years ago. I was traveling the last week of November, a time of year that up until then we've always had great luck traveling. We happened to be in the CAribbean when a large tropical depression was hovering over the area. We had sunshine on our first and last days of the 10 day trip.

However, the weather DOES usually turn out to be much sunnier than the weather sites indicate ahead of time. Chances are that for next week you'll have wonderful weather. That being said, it never hurts to have a backup plan for rainy afternoons, or if by chance one of your little ones gets too much sun and you need to stay inside for a day anyway. Take some card games or anything else that's small and can fit easily in your bags. If you're staying in a condo, take along a couple of favorite movies to watch. Have a great time!
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 06:05 PM

When we went to St Martin in 2003 it rained almost every day we were there. One of our favorite activities was sitting on our balcony having cheese and crackers and cocktails. We stayed at the Alamanda which has a dirt road between the hotel and the beach. We also enjoyed sitting on the balcony watching the growing moat between the hotel and the beach LOL! Even though it did rain a lot that year, it was still one of my favorite vacations.