Reload this Page >

What Island in February with kids?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 04:13 AM
Donna

We are looking to go with our 2 boys (10 & 13) for a requested Hot Weather vacation next President's Week instead of our normal ski week.<BR><BR>I have not been to the Caribbean in many years and would like some advice from the better travelled.<BR><BR>My husband likes to keep busy - golf, biking, fishing water sports, etc. I am a beach chair potato, my kids are a little of both.<BR><BR>What Island/resorts would you recommend for that time of year. Least possible rainy islands appreciated.<BR><BR>Many thanks in advance.<BR><BR>Donna

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 03:36 AM
Selma

Come on - help her out.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 04:50 AM
eileen

My top two choices would be Hyatt Cerramar/Dorado/Hacienda Del Mar Resort, 30 minutes outside of San Juan, or any of several resorts in Aruba. My husband and I have been to both and we are taking our children (ages 5 and 10) to Hyatts in November and plan to take them to Aruba the next year. There is plenty for kids to do at both destinations, friendly people, safe, access to good medical care. We stayed at La Cabana in Aruba which has great condo style accomodations, you also might want to check out Marriott Ocean Club, Costa Linda, Playa Linda, they are all nice condo resorts.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 06:43 AM
xxx

Any of the all inclusives in Jamaica. The Breezes Runaway Bay has golf. I'd pick one that specializes in kids programs.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 11:05 AM
xxx

Re above post - lets rephrase to "any of the all inclusives in Jamaica which allow children" ... there are quite a few which do NOT ... yes, Breezes Runaway Bay has golf, but she has kids aged 10 and 13 ... not allowed at BRB.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 11:22 AM
another

I just had some clients return last night from Beaches Boscobel. There were 3 families, with children ranging from 2-17. They all had a fantastic time. The hotel just opened on July 1, and there were absolutely no problems, which is unusual for a new hotel. The hotel used to be owned by SuperClubs, but Sandals/Beaches took it over and completely redid it. <BR><BR>Many resorts are wonderful in the Mayan Riviera (about 1 hr south of Cancun) that are great for families. Not trying to patronize, but in case you are not aware, the Yukatan, ie: Cancun / Mayan Riviera is located in the Caribbean. I took my family to the Iberostar Quetzal / Tucan twice. The Iberostar Paraiso del Mar is also fabulous, with a great pool. <BR><BR>I hope this helps.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 03:55 PM
donna

Thanks for all the info.