Beach vacation great for kids 10 & 8

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2004, 08:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering if anyone has gone to a carribean/mexican resort that has been full of activity for kids. I have two boys 10 & 8 and was looking for a place with lots of activities,pools and maybe even waterslides.
Old Mar 8th, 2004, 09:30 AM

Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar/Dorado in Puerto Rico -- two large resorts in one - lots of restaurants, several beaches, fabulous river pool and great water slide, my kids were 5 1/2 and 9 at the time and loved it. Also a great kids camp, bicycles available, children's menu at all restaurants. Hacienda Del Mar is the timeshare section of the resort, they rent two bedroom/two bath condos, perfect for families. Another suggestion -- Aruba Marriott Ocean Club (three resorts in one).
Old Mar 8th, 2004, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

Are either of those all-inclusives?
Old Mar 8th, 2004, 09:37 AM

I took my daughter to the Club Med in Ixtapa Mexica when she was 8 and is had the best activities for kids that I have seen. They really learned to do things - she loved archery and she did the trapeze and they put on an incredible show. The counselors were wonderful.
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 05:50 AM

Neither of the resorts I suggested is an AI, however, I can tell you that the kids menu prices at the Hyatts in Puerto Rico were really reasonable ($2 - 5) so we felt the resort was an excellent value. Also, we had a full kitchen so went to the grocery store and stocked up for breakfast and lunch, that way the kids didn't have to sit in a restaurant three times a day, they didn't want to waste the time! Can't comment about Aruba Marriott's prices as we are not going there until the fall, but overall I found Aruba prices reasonable the last time I was there.