Reload this Page >

3 Kids Beach Summer Vacation

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2002, 02:58 PM
Chantal

We have 3 young children (9, 6 and 2) and are currenly living in Toronto having recently immigrated from sunny South Africa. We are looking for an affordable,relaxing summer beach vacation, with golf nearby. Most of the packages I have looked at are no good as you can only have 2 kids in the room I am concerned about going to Caribean or nearby areas in summer as I have heard the weather is not good.....any advice on good destinations to try that will take large families or on the weather in summer?<BR>

Old May 17th, 2002, 04:50 AM
eileen

Here are my recommendations. My husband and I have been to all these places in the last few years and we are planning to take our children (ages 5 and 9) back to them as we thought they were good destinations for children.<BR>1) Hyatt Dorado/Cerramar/Hacienda Del Mar Resort, about 40 minutes outside of San Juan -- Hint: Ask for an introductory rate at the Hacienda Del Mar, it is their timeshare property at the resort -- 2 BR, full kitchen, great for kids, a truly fabulous river pool, water slide, etc. 4 Golf Courses.<BR>2) La Cabana Resort in Aruba (might be a good choice for summer since Aruba is outside of the hurricane belt). Very kid-friendly, condo accomodations with kitchen, Aruba is safe, clean and has good medical facilities.<BR>3) Any of the condo resorts on the island of Provenciales, Turks & Caicos. The Sands in particular looked great for kids.<BR>I have been several times in the summer. Last year in St. Lucia we hit a bit of rain, but I understand it is a rainy island compared to other places. Yes, there is a risk of hurricanes, but that wouldn't deter me from going, especially with all the summer bargain prices!

Old May 17th, 2002, 05:49 AM
Susan

I also agree with Aruba, and the LaCabana might be a good choice for a family because you can get suites. They are relatively affordable too. It looks to me like all the resorts in Aruba are very well kept. I've been there 3 times and my husband and I will be visiting for our 4th time in 3 years.<BR><BR>Another good suggestion, but may be more money is Aruba Marriott Ocean Club. It is a time share property, but you can still rent it out. They have 1 and 2 bedroom suites. It is a very beautiful resort. I believe both of those have a full kitchen so you can cook meals to save money!<BR><BR>A plus for Aruba is that it is very very safe and clean and the people are extremely friendly!<BR><BR>You'll have lots of fun wherever you go.<BR><BR>I don't know what your finances are (since you have 3 young kids), but if you are looking for a real affordable vacation, you might want to look into Dominican Republic (Punta Cana) or Cancun.

Old May 17th, 2002, 05:51 AM
nina

Sunscape Punta Cana Grand and Fiesta Bavaro in Punta Cana. They sleep 5 and the Fiesta sleeps 6 in suites. Great beaches, kids programs and low prices with charters from Toronto. I haven't heard anything bad about the weather in summer, only in fall.

Old May 17th, 2002, 06:05 AM
FYI

Chantal wants great beaches and golf nearby. Aruba doesn't fit in that category.

Old May 17th, 2002, 06:37 AM
tina

For great beaches and golf, I would suggest Grand Bahama Island. They have a Bahamia Golf Resort and you would find affordable accomodations there. For list of condos, check out http://www.bahamasvg.com/condfree.html<BR>Goodluck in planning your trip!

Old May 17th, 2002, 06:39 AM
rqf

The timeshare, in Puerto Rico, mentioned in another post would be a good choice - it is very child friendly and they have a very good children's day camp. The time share apartments are large and well appoionted.

Old May 17th, 2002, 06:44 AM
Susan

FYI<BR><BR>Aruba DOES have GREAT beaches, infact, they have the BEST BEACHES! and golf is nearby. So I don't know what FYI is talking about

Old May 17th, 2002, 06:56 AM
FYI

Message: My mistake, Aruba does have a golf course at Wyndham.

Old May 17th, 2002, 07:37 AM
Sue

FYI..you are VERY confused. Aruba has EXCELLENT beaches and the Wyndham is located on Palm Beach in the high-rise section. The golf course (Tierra del Sol) is located a short ride away. Please do not give information that is not correct.

Old May 17th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Penney

Honestly, you can get a great beach vacation, with golf that is far more affordable in the US, particularily in South Carolina. Off the coast of Charleston, there is an island called "Kiawah" There, for far cheaper then the Caribbean, you can either rent a house or condo/villa or they do have a hotel on the island. Beaches there are absolutely breathtaking - rolling dunes, calm waters, rivers, dolphin watches, etc... and Kiawah boasts some of the best golf coarses in the Country. Kiawah is also considered one of the top places for families as well as they have an excellent children's program and tons for kids to do. There are restaurants on and off the island and really, is is far more affordable and not the Caribbean but as an island loved myslef, it really is great.<BR><BR>Feel free to email me if you want more info.<BR><BR>Penney