Westin Cayman Mold Problem?

Feb 24th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Original Poster

Westin Cayman Mold Problem?

I am considering on going to the grand caymans and staying at the Westin with points. However, I've been reading a lot of reports that the hotel has a mold and mildew problem due to the hurricane. Can anyone please tell me of your experience and if it's worth going?
Feb 24th, 2006, 09:52 AM

I stayed at the Westin last May and had a wonderful time! I never experienced any mold or mildew smell. I had read similar posts as well prior to my stay (I used Starwood points too). The rooms are average, but nice. The grounds are very nice and the pool is awesome! Plus the Westin sits on one of the best stretches of 7 Mile Beach available.
Feb 24th, 2006, 12:43 PM

Our Wyndham room in Aruba smelled terrible when we walked in. So moldy. I have allergies, so we went right back to the desk and they gave us another one that smelled great (and with a better view). The squeeky wheel gets the grease.
Feb 24th, 2006, 01:54 PM

The pool is fabulous - but if there is a function at the hotel, the pool is closed to paying guests - go figure!!!
Feb 26th, 2006, 11:25 AM

To start off, we were given a room with mold and mildew. I have allergies and asthma. I was being fairly patient, but told them we needed a different room because of my health issues. They told me there was nothing they could do until the following day. I had an asthma attack trying to deal with it. Not good. And as Joanie said, they close the pool area if there is a function. The week we were there, they had three functions = 3 days out of seven the pool area was closed! There are better ways to establish good guest and company relationships.
Feb 26th, 2006, 02:00 PM

Wow.. I never ran into anything like that at the Westin. The pool was open every day. Maybe I just got lucky...