Search

Westin or Hyatt

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13th, 2007, 02:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Westin or Hyatt

I am traveling to GC in November. Has anybody stayed at the Hyatt / Westin recently, who can advise which is the better option?
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 10:17 AM

The Hyatt was always our favorite before Ivan. Now only the beachfront suites are open. The main part of the hotel is not. The beach suites are very nice. Clean, large rooms with a separate bedroom and a little kitchen type area. They are very clean. We always stayed in them,but liked the option of having the other part of the resort. The staff is also extremely friendly.
I've not personally stayed at the Westin but have read posts that it can be loud at night depending on what room you are in. Some have also posted that some of the rooms smell musty.
For your money I'd choose the Hyatt.
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 10:28 AM

Beach is better in front of the Westin.
Old Sep 14th, 2007, 03:46 AM

I didnt like the westin. Granted the beach is great, but that was it for me. Oh the lobby is nice.

I didnt like that there are no umbrellas by the pool. A few palm trees that people fight over for shade in the afternoon.

Also, they have carpet in the rooms. If you have mold or mildew allergies forget about it.

Food mediocre. We ate out exclusively because the food was blah.

Very expensive. 2 drinks and nachos at the pool was 36 cayman. Outrageous.

If I went back to caymans, I'd rent a condo.

Peace, Brenda
Old Sep 17th, 2007, 12:33 PM

We just got back from Cayman and stayed at the Westin and really liked it a lot. We were upgraded to a beachfront deluxe room where your room is basically on the beach. There's only about 20 of these rooms- 10 on the first and 10 on the second floor. Our room did not have carpet- hardwood floors- and was not musty at all. We had a nice sized balcony and the beach at the Westin seemed to be the best on 7 mile. It is never crowded however it is true there are no umbrellas. We found shade under the tree and spent most of the time in the water. I highly recommend the Westin- we travel quite a bit and loved the resort!