Search

Grand Cayman

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 06:18 AM
sal

Grand Cayman

Which hotel on 7 mile beach has the best spot on the beach or the best ameneties?

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 06:24 AM
Mullen

Westin has the best location.<BR>Unfortunately, for what you pay at the Westin and Hyatt room quality is lacking. Not much nicer than a well done Hampton Inn I recently stayed in. Westin caters to lots of conventions, so does Hyatt.<BR>

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 08:26 AM
Trish

I agree with Mullen. The Westin does have the best beach, but it's expensive for what you get. Also, they closed the pool area two of the days we were there for conventions. You could still use the pool, but nothing around it. St. Thomas is a pretty island, but my suggestion would be that you rent a condo and just use the public beach that's up just a little bit from the Westin.

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 01:35 PM
Beth

I agree totally! The Westin has the best beach, but renting a condo at THE Avalon or The Coralstone is a much better value. You can get a 3 bedroom luxury oceanfront condo for the same price as the Westin. You get daily maid service and an oceanfront pool. The view in the condo is so much better than at the Westin. The Westin has palm trees blocking your view even at the 4th floor. The beach is just as good to. The conventions are a big pain at the Westin. They made us leave the pool area one day. We stayed at the Coralstone the next time, and it was so much better. We had two balancies, and 1800 square feet of space, our kitchen had granite countertops, and our bathroom had double sinks and a separate tub and shower. You could see the ocean was our bed. It also had a washer, dryer in the condo. It was so much better!

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 02:44 PM
allen

The previous poster was totally accurate. The Westin is the best on 7MB, but that's not saying much. I stayed there and it's expensive. A five star location with a one star for rooms, sevice etc. I suggest the Avalon Condos- but they have few availabilities most of the time. Then the Coralstone. Both are beautiful! <BR>Everyone is waiting for The Ritz Carlton to open on 7MB in 2003. Until then, go with a condo. After many trips to 7MB...I finally came to that conclusion, and I never looked back.<BR>

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 06:13 PM
FYI

Coralstone is closed for summer to renovate their pool.

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 04:11 AM
sal

Thanks all for the good advice.