Search

Wedding Bliss

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2002, 11:52 AM
Jen

Wedding Bliss

My fiancee and I are getting married somewhere in the caribean in mid october. We are thinking about staying in Freeport, Bahamas at the Xanadua resort. We don't want to be overcome with people (knowing full well there will lots at Xanadua) but we don't have any other ideas right now and we got a good deal there. Also we plan on doing some exploration around the island. Any other suggestions?<BR><BR>And we are thinking of being married by Reverend Woodside. Anyone know of him and have any opinions about his services?

Old May 6th, 2002, 01:21 PM
Sue

Are you aware that October is the middle of hurricane season in the Bahamas and the Caribbean? You may want to consider one of the ABC islands as they are out of the hurricane zone.

Old May 6th, 2002, 01:33 PM
TRAVELER

Hurricane season is from June to December. Planing around Hurricane season is like planning around a winter blizzard. Go where you want and enjoy, hurricanes are few and far between.

Old May 7th, 2002, 02:19 AM
Punkybbb

Jen, if you want to get married in Freeport in October, then do it, you can not control the weather, now with that said. The rest I am going to reply to you via personal e-mail.

Old May 7th, 2002, 07:28 PM
Robert

Congradulations on getting married in the Bahamas. But, when you deal with the government...whew!!! There are regulations. You have to spend one day in Bahamas prior to submitting your application for a marriage license and must fill out the application for license at same time at registers office. The fee is about $40.00 and the license is valid 3 months with no blood test required. Both have to be in Bahamas when making application for license, so don't have one arrive early and try to take care of it. And, if either of you were previously divorced, you must submit a certified or original final decree. If either of you is widowed, a death certificate of the deceased spouse will be asked for. Definately have a photo ID, preferably a passport in addition to a driver's license, and bring in your Bahamas Immigration embarkation card to show when you arrived. Whatever island you decide to get married on in the Bahamas, by all means, contact the registrar's office on that particular island. And, do it way before going there! You mentioned possibly Freeport, Grand Bahama Island? Contact The Assistant Registrar General of The Bahamas, P.O. Box F-42602, Freeport, Grand Bahamas, Bahamas. Telephone 242-352-4934/7 or Fax 242-352-4060. Personally, I'd call them on the phone, and pay for an expensive phone call, to talk to them in person and have your questions answered. Hope this helps; I wouldn't want you to get down there and be overwhelmed by the regulations. It could ruin it all!!! Robert

Old May 8th, 2002, 04:37 AM
Punkybbb

Jen, I disagree with Robert's last comment, (Sorry Robert), I did e-mail you direct, hope you got it, I really suggest you contact Janice, she works with the Reverend and she will help you get all the necessary paperwork together BEFORE you arrive! She will tell you what you need. Janice does not charge for her help, she does it all our of kindness, I talk to her daily via e-mail and getting married in the Bahamas is no big deal, not hard to do if you just know what to do!

Old May 8th, 2002, 06:47 AM
Robert

I think you agree with my last comment. It's nice that you steered Jen to someone in the know, so she doesn't touch down in the Bahamas and find out all the hoops to jump through. Many others found out too late. You have saved Jen some last minute hassles. Good for you. Robert