Wedding Advise Jamaica New Year's Day

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 05:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I would like to get married again, however, this time in Jamaica and on New Years Day (Jan 1, 2005). We would like advise on where are the best places to start looking. Additionally, we are thinking of doing it in Port Antonio, pls advise if you think this is possible considering holidays; suggested places to stay, wedding packages, etc.
Old Sep 23rd, 2004, 11:26 PM

You probably won't find too much if anything in Port Antonio for wedding packages and you'll also need book fast today for New Year's Day. Fern Hill is one good option to start with. The villas on the Blue Hole Lagoon are superb but with 109 night-2 week mins or the usual holiday premium rates, the pricing for just 2 will be up there...
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 07:06 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Tiverton. I'll look into Fern Hill. Do you know if I am restricted to hotel provided wedding packages or if there are standalone wedding operators in Port Antonio(I know the area doesn't quite stack up to Negril or Ocho Rios in terms of services, however, just want to know what my options are).
Old Sep 27th, 2004, 04:41 PM

You better book rooms for you and your guests pronto. That is the busiest week in Jamaica and things book up FAST!!! Good luck and congrats!
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 12:36 AM

Carolyn Barrett might be able to assist; she's a well-known guide as well as general wedding co-ordinator on island. Based just outside MoBay, she also makes Port Antonio, Portland and the Blue Mts. her specialty. [email protected]
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 12:30 PM

I would suggest Goblin Hill lovely villas and personal chef and pretty reasonable considering

Fern Hill is in need or renovating and management is well the pits in my opinion

check out http://www.portantonio-onestop.com/main.htm for great photos of a few properties in Port Antonio

once you have narrowed down the property you would like maybe then email regarding weddings and such

another option would be to email isabelle stewart of www.weddingsbyisabelle.com

she is based out of negril but may either have contacts in port antonio or able to provide the service herself...she is a real gem..we used her services to renew our wedding vows in negril a few years back and she is very resonable compared to others

port antonio is a beautiful area (not yet as developed as negril, ochie and mobay which makes it a gem in my opinion) i think you have made a great choice you will love it there!!

Good luck with your planning and be sure to jump on this as you don't have much time.

Sammy [email protected]